This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Win32/Sirefef.DN trojan [Solved]

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Upon installation, Comodo did a scan and reported 4 infections.. :o ' …and is now asking if I want a "GeekBuddy" Certified Microsoft Expert to clean it. What is going on with my poor computer? T_T
Oh, and I've done all the other things. internet settings for IE (pulled it up through Control Panel), except for the two setting I asked about in an earlier post downloaded WOT for IE and firefox (still reading up on instructions for MVPS thing..) Oh, I checked the 4 threats the scan found and they were all in the temps folder! So, I cleaned it. I think we are in the clear, right? Thank you SO much for you help!!! You've been so awesome. Is there some survey thing..or comment I can leave somewhere to..erm, praise your work or something?
Sounds like you have everything sorted. :thumbup:


Thank you SO much for you help!!! You've been so awesome.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated. :) I hope you have a happy holiday season.

Is there some survey thing..or comment I can leave somewhere

If you would like to you can go here >>
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=182 but you don't have to. Just knowing that I helped you out is good for me. :)
I've left a comment on the forum link you provided me with! :notworthy: Thank you again for everything and Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you! :banana2: I don't know if you are still checking posts but I'm rather baffled by the MPVS host thing…so, I just download the zip and open it..and that's it?
Hi,

Thank you for the kind words. You are the first to do that for me and it is quite flattering. :blush:

As for MVPHosts I thought this link might help you with it and is pretty explanatory especially with the fact you are running Windows 7. I hope it helps.

I wish you and yours a safe and Happy Holiday season as well. :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI