I recently popped an old hard drive into my computer after formating it, or at least I thought I had cause right after I had the oh so fun 'Windows Security XP 2012' thing pop up. I took care of that and removed the hard drive for good measure but now I have Ping.Exe running in the background using 500,000-600,000b of memory and the cpu jumps like mad along with google redirects. I've used TDSSKiller as suggested but it doesn't seem to find anything. I'm a bit brain dead when it comes to this advanced stuff, but if someone could help I would be most thankful.
Also, this file 'noxxltuedd.tmp' keeps appearing on my desktop as a hidden file. Thankfully, I had turned those on and noticed it, but every time I try to search for it Google redirects to 'Nozzles'…..
Thanks a bunch. Lemme know what I need to do and give to you guys.
My name is NoodleTech. I would be glad to assist you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
Please be aware that removing malware is not without risk and while unrecoverable damage to systems is rare, it can happen and may require a re-format and re-install of your operating system. Because of this it is a good idea to back-up anything important saved on your computer.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use tools such as ComboFix without supervision.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clean.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Failure to respond within 3 days will result in this topic being closed - If you need more time to complete the steps required, please let me know.
Note to Vista and Windows 7 users:
These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
These tools MUST be run With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
When done, DDS.txt will open.
After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scrolling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.