This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Trojan.BHO

35 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI


Hi Jeff:

When I attempt to quickscan from bitdefender website, a message pops up that Javascript is blocked by your browser. Huh?

I didn think that Java had to be configured for the browser. Whats the process for unblocking Javascript?

Sincerely

James



Hi James,

Open Internet Explorer.
  • Click Tools and then click on Internet Options.
  • Click Programs tab and then click on "Manage Add-ons".
  • In the Show box, select Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer.
  • Select add-on related to Java and then click Enable under settings.
  • Check if the issue is fixed.
If it is fixed go ahead and run the BitDefender scan. :)
Hi Jeff: I enabled the Java Plugin 2 SSV Helper in the Manage Add-Ons in IE. Its the only selection for Java in Manage Add-Ons menu When I start Bitdefender it still says the Javascript being blocked by IE. Have a remedy? ~James
Hi James,

I am just trying to pinpoint the problem. Try downloading Firefox and see if you are having the same problems. :)

You can download and install Firefox from here.
Jeff: Ok I tried to download on the affected Gateway PC but it won't go to any download sites, so I will attempt to put it on a disc from my laptop and install that way. ~James

No Script

This will block javascript.
————–

Ok what I would like for you to do now is to run an F-Scan online virus scan which can be found by going Here. Once on this page follow these steps:
  • On this page find the box labeled Online Scanner that looks like this [external image: Posted Image]
  • Make sure your language is selected correctly and check the license terms box
  • Press Run Check
  • Press Accept
  • Press Run
  • Make sure Quick Scan is selected and press Start
  • Let the scan run until complete
  • Any infections found can be cleaned by using F-Scan

***If there are infected files not able to be cleaned, Press Full Report
Copy contents into Notepad and post log in your next reply

—————-

Please run DDS and post both newly created logs into your next reply.
Hey Jeff: I can pull up the website at F- Secure in both Firefox and IE but the Online Scanner Dialog box, run scan button and drop downs are blank, so I am unable to run the online scanning software. ~James
Hi James,

Is this a corporate or business computer?
———–


Please do the following:

Hold down the Windows key and press R to open a run box
type the following text into the run box

appwiz.cpl

This will open your Programs And Features. A list of installed programs will populate

Remove the following programs:

conduitEngine
Vuze_Remote Toolbar

———-

Hi Jeff:

Good Morning!

I went to Programs and Features and highlighted each item, conduitEngine and
Vuze_Remote Toolbar to remove

The only options were to Uninstall/Change, so a clicked this command and the User Account Control wanted my permission to uninstall change whcih I gave it.

There was no change; nothing happened. I did it three times to make sure I didn't do something wrong, but no change. I also closed the Programs and Features Window and reopened but they were still in the list.


~James

P. S.: this is a home use computer




Hi James, I think we need to remove either CA or Symantec completely. Let me know which one you would like to remove as I believe there are conflicts being created affecting your system. ——— Why do you have all of those .url in your C:\ folder? Did you put them there? ———
Hi James,

Once you get that completed please delete ComboFix from your Desktop using right-click > delete.

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.
Link 1
Link 2

Run ComboFix and post the log created into your next reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI