This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Font conflict

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have this problem with my computer after updating windows. This happened twice already. The problem is after update is downloaded and installed then restarted, the entire screen is replaced with symbols such as &^*%(()&^ instead fonts to be able to read (such as the log in screen from at windows start up) The user log in name would be replaced with symbols along with the any typed keys. Basically, all fonts are symbols instead. The only way I can get around this to do a system restore to a previous point. I do get a message pop up about font conflict the first time this happened. I have windows 7 64 bit home pro version on a Toshiba A505-s6015 system. Please help me to find out what is going on. –Pau
Hi again, I just wanted to clarify that my computer displays symbols and characters instead of actual legible texts. This is not just about incorrect fonts or missing fonts.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI