Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91632 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browsers keep crashing (Firefox & Internet Explorer)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 candi7

candi7

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:06 AM

I think the product test is almost done any way. I think it was for a month or six weeks, something like that, and I think I'm pretty close to that. So, I should be close to being done any way. I had Spyware Terminator before and it seemed to do a pretty good job. But, thanks for the heads up on the Microsoft Security Essentials, I'll take a look at it. I had Verizon Security that I paid for each month before the Spyware Terminator but I kept getting viruses. Even though I turned off the browsing protection and web filter I still have the main computer security. The browsing protection and web filter are just added bonuses, I guess you could call them. After getting many viruses and having to reinstall Windows XP, I won't go without protection, even though those viruses happened when I had protection, or supposed to have protection(the Verizon Security). Oh, and I believe the Windows XP version I have is the Pro but I'm not possitive. Do you happen to know how I could check to find out? Actually, I just looked at the Windows disc I have and it says Windows XP Home with an upgrade to Pro, so I'm still now sure. I don't remember if I upgraded to pro or not. I'm still trying to find/remember all my passwords and such, but do you think I should still check the hard drive for errors? I guess it wouldn't hurt, huh? Thanks again!!!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

Hi candi7
I understand... :thumbup:

Oh, and I believe the Windows XP version I have is the Pro but I'm not possitive. Do you happen to know how I could check to find out?

try this:
1 Click on Start
2 Right click on My Computer
3 Click on Properties
and all will be revealed!
If your machine is running Ok then there is no real need to run the chkdsk
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#18 candi7

candi7

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:59 AM

Great, Thanks! ..... I checked and it does say Windows XP Professional. As far as the Macrium backups I thought it just added the new back up on top of the old one(on the dvd disc's, since I keep using the same one's over and over) because when using the same dvd discs, I put one in the cd/dvd drive and it fills it up then asks me to put in another, that one fills up and asks for another, and so on for about 4-5 disc's. I don't see how any of the old back ups could still be on any of the dvd discs since it fills them up. I'm asking because you had said something about going back and looking for a good back up. And now that I'm just about positive that the computer security program is the one that was making my browsers crash, do you think there's still anything wrong with my computer? All of my virus scans have been clean and it seems to be running normal. And, again today my browsers haven't crashed once. Which, if everything is alright with my computer, then this last back up I just did should be a good copy/back up then, right? I know you said something before about having a good, clean back up(one without any viruses where the computer is running good). Thanks again!!!

#19 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

hiCandi7, sounds good to me.... :thumbup: Looks as though things are now going well for you Well done Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#20 candi7

candi7

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:48 PM

Thanks Paws, I really appreciate all your time and help and time and help you would have given had I needed it. Sorry for the false alarm. I'm glad it was something pretty simple though. So, if you don't think there is anything I need to do, then I guess this should wrap things up then??? Thanks again! ..... :D

#21 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Yep ..fingers crossed that all will be well now Regards paws