This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Skype is my favorite non-game mobile app

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I use Skype on a daily basis to talk to my girlfriend because my cell phone service is horrible indoors. Even with full signal on both phones, it is hard to beat the clarity of voice on Skype. Does anyone else agree?
I can't complain about voice quality on my carrier; however, the fact that Skype works over WiFi is very good for long distance calls. The video part is just icing on the cake - very tasty icing, I must add. I don't use Skype all that often, but I have had very good experience with FaceTime (Apple's standard), which essentially does the same thing as Skype, when I am abroad or the other person is. I do have used Skype as well, and it works about as good.
I found that the quality of the Skype app on my phone isn't so great. Its better then my tiny little phone is some places, but only by so much. I don't know if its worth it in the end for me.

curious but are all you new members microsoft (ms) employees? :rofl:

 

:popcorn:

 

by the way i use skype too but only on my pc, works great and always has voice and video quality wise, but i am not happy with the way ms force me to use pulseaudio which isn't capable of doing what i require especially when the older versions of skype work just fine and are just as secure as the newer version but with alsa compatibility.

 

if my contacts weren't already on skype you can bet your last dollar i'd have persuaded them to use something else, but seeing how skype is what i got everyone to use in the first place then it is skype i'm stuck with even after ms bought it and ruined it as far as i'm concerned.

 

and i guess why this mobile skype app topic in the first place, i take it skype just isn't being installed as much on android mobile phones and they are sticking to google apps so you need to promote it more on the forums?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI