I'm what could be termed a 'traditional' photographer, growing up shooting on film, any adjustments to exposure was done on the camera and you never knew what you had until your developed film came back from the Pharmacy. Or you developed it yourself. I miss the dark room. I was a 10 year old in 70s when my parents bought me something called a 'whipper snapper'. It took 35mm film cartridge and you pretty much 'got what you shot'. I was instantly addicted, becoming the family documenter of Xmas barbecues, camping and surfing. (we have xmas in our summer season here in New Zealand) I moved on to SLR in my teens while at college. My art teacher was keen photographer and taught me a few tricks including how to process and develop film. He lent me his SLR (a Pentax I think) and sent me off to capture what ever I wanted. So while everyone else was in the classroom I was out taking photos in car park, gym, the places where students hid to smoke, hold hands without prying eyes or wag (bunk) class. Then I was in the darkroom creating, experimenting all the while breathing in chemicals. I bought my first SLR in the early 1980s. It was an Olympus and cost $600 which is like 6k compared to today's prices. (I actually don't know the comparison, just took a guess at some ridiculous out of reach pricing) Decades of fun later I lost my camera in a house fire. I was, like my house, absolutely gutted! The digital age had begun and I at first didn't trust the digital technology enough to splash out on an expensive camera. The photographs lacked depth and a quality that only film could produce. 3.2mp being the highest quality you could get in the point and shoot and 6mp for the DSLR's. I got a point and shoot while waiting for the improvements to happen I was right to wait. The technology improved 300% and so quickly that any camera would've been obsolete within two years. So an Olympus CZoom 3.2 mp, Nikon D70 and D200 later I scored my first iPhone It was definitely lo-fi as far as photography goes and it did take me a while to realise it's potential. Firstly the best camera you have is the one you have with you. A stolen term but a good one. I stopped lugging my Nikon around with me, everywhere, everyday and started using my phone. All those tricks with light that i learned on my first camera and in the darkroom paid off. I could take great photos with and sometimes because of it's limitations. I have a lot of camera apps. Most I paid for and most are actually not worth the money. Firstly Apple make sure that any 'outside app' is not better than the camera they have built. I didn't know this. If I did I wouldn't have bought any of them. For instance the 'camerplus pro' app is not as good quality as the built in camera. Don't bother with it. Also, being the traditionalist that I am I don't particularly like 'filters'. I like 'creating' effects with the use of light, or lack of it. But hey, some filters are cool. In particular the ones on Hipstamatic which is $1.99 in the App Store. The biggest pain in the butt regarding Hipstamatic is signing into their site from the app. It is incredibly frustrating and takes many attempts. Signing in should be the easiest thing anyone could do, in this day and age. So I don't bother with that and only use the camera now and then. The best camera app. So the app I like most is 'Instagram'. It is free, simple to use and has a great choice of filters. I generally post 'clean' which is also a choice Instagram give you. Some of the other apps don't. As far as online presence and sharing it is the best. You can post to Flickr, FB, Twitter, Tumblr and more all at once. And one of the better features is you can shoot with the Apple default camera at full resolution and then add filters, crop or post clean. You can also take pics with your DSLR and post to your site. Of the 8 camera apps I have Instagram is one that I still use. The rest are gathering digital cobwebs. Not really sure what to do with them. Recycle apps bin maybe?