This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Multiple Infections

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

It appears so - I am just waiting for you to confirm that the redirects are no longer happening. Once that is true I will remove the tools :)
So far, so good with the surfing. I think everything is clean and working correctly now :thumbup: I'd say go ahead and remove the tools :D Again, I can't thank you enough for all your time and assistance - You are awesome! :notworthy: Hope you have a great weekend, Essexboy!
Subject to no further problems :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Now the best part of the day —– Your log now appears clean :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

    :Commands
    [resethosts]
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
    [Reboot]

  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself.

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

SPRING CLEAN

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter
For the first run I would recommend a boot defrag and disk check

[external image: Posted Image]


Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

[external image: Posted Image] Malwarebytes. Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit
  • Microsoft Windows Update


To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe :wave:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI