This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

System freezing up? Virus?

244 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Tomk! I finally got a chance to take my laptop back to BestBuy. They are sending it back to Gateway to replace the hard drive. I guess I sort of lucked out this time.
BJ2011,

That sounds like a good deal to me. :thumbup:

When you get it back…


The following is my standard advice for the future. Use what you can and pat yourself on the back for what you're already doing.

Please take time to read Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing. Very important information for your consideration is contained therein.

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein


Also: "How to prevent malware"
by miekiemoes

Please respond back that you understand the above and let me know if you have any questions. Otherwise, this thread will be closed Resolved. :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI