Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open a notepad window, OTL.Txt. Please post this log.
Next
Download and save to your desktop Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
The adobe printer is still not working. The error box indicates:
AcroDist.exe - Application Error
The inst. at "0x00441ae2" ref memory @ "0x01e0eb6c" The memory could not be "read". Click ok to terminate the program.
Everything else seems good on the computer… and it seems to be much, much faster!!!
********************************************
OTL log:
OTL logfile created on: 05/01/11 9:08:14 AM - Run 3
OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.22.3 Folder = C:\Documents and Settings\mhumphrey\Desktop
Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 3 (Version = 5.1.2600) - Type = NTWorkstation
Internet Explorer (Version = 8.0.6001.18702)
Locale: 00000409 | Country: United States | Language: ENU | Date Format: MM/dd/yy
1,023.00 Mb Total Physical Memory | 595.00 Mb Available Physical Memory | 58.00% Memory free
2.00 Gb Paging File | 2.00 Gb Available in Paging File | 91.00% Paging File free
Paging file location(s): C:\pagefile.sys 0 0 [binary data]
%SystemDrive% = C: | %SystemRoot% = C:\WINDOWS | %ProgramFiles% = C:\Program Files
Drive C: | 55.85 Gb Total Space | 21.89 Gb Free Space | 39.19% Space Free | Partition Type: NTFS
Computer Name: DBGJDH31 | User Name: mgillikin | Logged in as Administrator.
Boot Mode: Normal | Scan Mode: Current user
Company Name Whitelist: Off | Skip Microsoft Files: Off | No Company Name Whitelist: Off | File Age = 30 Days
The printer problem appears to be a problem with Adobe. I haven't found a definate fix for it. I will refer you to the appropriate forum when we are finsihed.
Your java is out of date. Click your start button, open Control panel.
Locate the Java icon (it looks like a coffee cup)
double click it to open it
click the Update tab
Click update now
Next, Double click on OTL.exe
Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
Please save the resulting log to be posted in your next reply.
Please post the OTL fix log.
One more scan to check for stragglers.
*Note It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and it will speed up scan time.
Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your antivirus along with your antispyware programs.
Go here to run an online scannner from ESET
(Note: You can use Internet Explorer or FireFox for this scan. If you use FireFox you will be asked to install an additional component. Please allow this.)
Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
Click Start
When asked, allow the activex control to install
Disable your Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notfication Tray icon near the clock
Click Start
Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is Checked.
Click Scan.
Wait for the scan to finish.
Re-enable your Antivirus software.
A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. or C:\Program Files\ESET\log.txtWe will need this later.
Please post back with the ESET log.
After the ESET scan plese obtain a new OTL log.
Double click on OTL.exe to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output
UNCheck the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
In the window under Custom Scans/Fixes copy and paste the following
I updated Java and ran the OTL fix as directed. My computer rebooted but now won't connect to the internet. It is showing no wireless network… however I am on the wireless network on another PC. Any ideas?
Click the + sign beside NetWork Adaptors. Is a wireless adaptor listed there? You may also want to check in Other devices if that heading is present.
Nothing with a yellow ! or ? mark. The wireless adaptor is listed and everything seems ok… it just doesn't see any wireless networks within range. Not sure what is happening.
Hi Chelli,
Thanks for the additional info.
Let's try the simple first. Since this is a laptop, if you are running off the battery there may not be enough power to run the adaptor (some computers are set to power down some devices as the battery strength goes down). If you are running on the battery shut down the computer and attach the power supply. Restart the compiter. Did that resolve the problem?
Also some laptops have a button that can be used to disable wireless adaptors (had another topic where a helper accidently pushed the button)
My laptop is on the docking station so the battery is not the problem. The wireless adaptor is activated so I don't think I pushed a button and my actual laptop stays docked and closed. I used a separate keyboard and monitor so again I don't think I could have pushed a button. Any other ideas? Should I try to recreate the wireless connection? I just doesn't make sense as to why it all seems to work but it is just not strong enough to see the wireless network that is available an that it has seen every day for several years. Strange.
I shutdown my laptop, undocked it, restarted it on a full battery and stood next to the wireless router but still it cannot locate a wireless network in range.
I am also still having some desktop icons that are coming and going… or maybe I should clarify… Icon's had reappeared but since the last repair are gone again but they are the same ones that have come and gone during this repair so I figured it was just part of the process. I thought I should mention them since we are having this wireless network problem and probably should have anyway.
Not good. Now this PC has the "Window Fix Disk" thing going on… all the icons are now missing and the program files show "empty" under start. Do I start another request for this one?
Hi Chelli,
No need to start a new topic we'll continue here. Please rerun combofix and post the log if you are then able to connect to the internet.
Thanks