This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Computer running very slow

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,
I have been on the computer for about 3 hours without shutting it off. Maybe that made it overheat? I'm not very computer savvy, but here is what happens:

When I have been on the computer for awhile, it tends to heat up quickly. After a few hours, programs and browsers are at a crawl.

It gets to the point where I need to turn off the computer and wait a few more hours.

How can I fix this? I ran my Norton antivirus to see if that would show if I have any virus or not but nothing comes up..


—————————————————————————————-

Heres my info;
.
DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Run by [removed] at 5:32:04.18 on Sun 04/10/2011
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.3894.2283 [GMT -7:00]
.
AV: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {D8BEB080-B73A-17E3-1B37-B6B462689202}
FW: Norton Internet Security *Disabled* {5BE4D041-DB6F-1935-0AD8-24F3E73C9FC4}
.
Logs removed before moving topic.

Hello,
I have been on the computer for about 3 hours without shutting it off. Maybe that made it overheat? I'm not very computer savvy, but here is what happens:

When I have been on the computer for awhile, it tends to heat up quickly. After a few hours, programs and browsers are at a crawl.

It gets to the point where I need to turn off the computer and wait a few more hours.

How can I fix this? I ran my Norton antivirus to see if that would show if I have any virus or not but nothing comes up..


—————————————————————————————-

Heres my info;
.
DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Run by [removed] at 5:32:04.18 on Sun 04/10/2011
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_23
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7600.0.1252.1.1033.18.3894.2283 [GMT -7:00]
.
AV: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {63DF5164-9100-186D-2187-8DC619EFD8BF}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: Norton Internet Security *Disabled/Updated* {D8BEB080-B73A-17E3-1B37-B6B462689202}
FW: Norton Internet Security *Disabled* {5BE4D041-DB6F-1935-0AD8-24F3E73C9FC4}
.
Logs removed before moving topic.



Hiya Adriannei, Sorry to hear your having problems, lets see if I could help you.

Help us help you, We still need some additional information in order to best know how to help you.

1. Please indicate Desktop or Laptop, Brand and Model
2. How Much Memory you have.

3. What Current Operating system you have?

We see that its Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

4. Any new "stuff" added? Software or hardware upgrades.

5. What was running on the machine when the problems appeared?

Thanks,

Jimbo1

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI