This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

reference yomk lnk virus

18 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…mp;#entry369363

update on what has happened my brother in law has got me to register at your request. The problem is that all my icons are the same and when I try to change them they all change to the same thing.

I have tried going into the database file you suggested but cannot find in in my documents. I have windows 7 and vista. The earlier information you already have.
Can you help please?
I can try.. :thumbup:

Let's see if you can get a log.

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
    • DDS.scr
    • DDS.pif
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and the click UPLOAD.
maggss,

Thanks for the logs.

It doesn't look to bad. I don't think you have the .lnk virus.

Let's see if we can straighten things up with the use of another tool

Don't forget that you will need to right click and run as Administrator.

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.
I have tried downloading the programme you mention and an icon appears along the bottom and then disappears - a message comes up saying I cannot save the file as combofix1 and that I have to find another name but I don't know how.
I can't down load it as it keep saying I can't save combifix as combifix1 and I should use another name but I can't save it in any case.
In the background of the screenshot you posted, it shows that combofix is going through it's stages. When it gets through stage 50, it should create a log that will open in notepad.

If Combofix has actually finished running (may have rebooted your system), and a text file did not open… please look on your computer for C:\ComboFix.txt.

If you don't know how to browse there try this:
Hold then Windows key and press R at the same time.
The runbox will open.
Put C:\ComboFix.txt in the box and hit OK. The text file should open.
Hi it is me again. I am sorry but I don't know a lot abut computers now I am getting this but can't get it open C:\Users\margaret\Pictures\combofix 12.png
Hi it is me again. I am sorry but I don't know a lot abut computers now I am getting this but can't get it open C:\Users\margaret\Pictures\combofix 12.png
Hi it is me again. I am sorry but I don't know a lot abut computers now I am getting this but can't get it open C:\Users\margaret\Pictures\combofix 12.png
That is a picture file… not the .txt file we are needing.

Did you try putting C:\ComboFix.txt in the run box?

I don't know a lot abut computers

Don't worry about that. If I tell you to do something that confuses you, just make me explain it better. ;)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI