Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Browsers extrememly slow

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Rick I was going to reinstall XP but just before I was going to do it., I get a periodic newsletter and it mentioned 2 programs. I downloaded Slim Cleaner and Slim Driver. I downloaded all except one of the drivers they suggested and did their cleanup and so far the computer seems much faster with no glitches. I even have both Opera and IE going at the same time, which I have not been able to do without a freezeup or a crash for quite some time. I will add more backup like you suggested. I really appreciate your time and help. Thanks GB

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#62 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

The computer was working beautifully until I logged on to my Yahoo email account using Opera as the browser. I had a pop up asking me if I wanted to use Java scripts for my https sites when I was logging in and I pressed "yes". After that Yahoo email has been extremely slow like taking 30 sec. or longer to delete an email and go to the next one or a delay or 5 sec. or longer to check a box before the check actually shows up. Do I need to take a Java script off or do something else to fix this problem? So far, the only problem seems to be with email from Yahoo. I have not tried Gmail or hotmail. Thanks GB

#63 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

The computer was working beautifully until I logged on to my Yahoo email account using Opera as the browser. I had a pop up asking me if I wanted to use Java scripts for my https sites when I was logging in and I pressed "yes". After that Yahoo email has been extremely slow like taking 30 sec. or longer to delete an email and go to the next one or a delay or 5 sec. or longer to check a box before the check actually shows up. Do I need to take a Java script off or do something else to fix this problem? So far, the only problem seems to be with email from Yahoo. I have not tried Gmail or hotmail. Thanks GB

#64 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

I just tried yahoo email in IE with my Opera windows open also and it works fine. Maybe part of the problem is that IIE lets me use the new yahoo email and Opera makes me use the classic. Actually, in many ways, I like the classic bette but i Just had Yahoo email open in Opera nd checked 7 messages to delete. It took a long time for the checkmarks to show and then after a minute or so, the emails would not delete. I don't know if it is the new email or the script. Thanks GB

#65 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Hi again gbsk,

I notice that you are still having similar symptoms as when you started this topic.

Have you tried the following Advanced Troubleshooting from the Dell Manual for a Dimension 2400 Series.

I own a very similar Dell Dimension pc, I also run XP and have never really had any problems with IE. I use Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome with no problem. I have only 2Gb of Ram, though I have only recently upgraded this from 1Gb and prior to that, I operated on only 512Mb, which still was capable of running Firefox and IE.

This brings me to believe that maybe the Ram configuration may be at fault. The above link to the Advanced Troubleshooting has helped me diagnose ram problems on my PC before.
The instructions are straight forward, though catching the light array can sometimes take a few tries.

Best Regards,
~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!