Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook mail collects two copies of emails

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 bar457

bar457

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

Hi AppleOddity Your understanding this time was right and bravo, I had forgotten about send/receive group settings - that has cracked it exactly as I need. I have removed my domain receive mail from the settings on both machines and I just get the one copy coming into the primary uko2 box on both machines for either account - fantastic! I have tested both machines for send/ receive on either accounts and they work perfectly. So I am a very happy bunny :woot: Thank you guys for your efforts and help with this, once again this site has come up trumps. many thanks AppleOddity, you are the star. very best regards Barry (bar457)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:57 PM

For what it's worth... I handle this as follows: I have multiple email accounts that all come to my Outlook inbox. No forwarding! I then have a folder for each of my accounts in Outlook. I then created a "rule" for each account that moves the mail from the inbox into each accounts folder. When sending out mail... I click on the "accounts" button next to the "send" button at the top of the page, and select whichever account I want to send from.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#18 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

That sounds reasonable Tom. But, the primary problem here is that bar's hosting provider is not providing any e-mail account service. It is just a forwarder. Therefore, there is no way to directly access that e-mail box, because it doesn't exist. That's where all these problems came from.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#19 bar457

bar457

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Correct AppleOddity. Tom, what you are refering to is how to seperate mails for\from different accounts (single copies) into seperate folders once they arrive in the inbox, my problem was preventing two similar copies arriving because I have to use the same account name uko2 for both accounts. But appreciate your input anyway. best bar457