pewpew
Topic Starter
Well, I went to go watch a movie and when I came back there was a program installed called RelevantInformation. It was making an outbound connection and sending something so I quickly scanned it with virustotal.com then, I immediatly disconnected myself from the internet and ran Malware Bytes and Norton 360. The .exe turned out to be identified as a virus by 30/39 of the scanners. I removed the program and it's registry keys but I'm still afraid that it could ahve possibly written itself into my System32. I am not very familiar with HiJackThis, so I'm not sure if it will even help, but this is it;
Other information that may be irrelevant : Last night someone was DDoSing a community that I am active on, so I obtained their IP and I posted a topic about it, and shortly after they DDoS'd me, I'm aware of the differences between DoS/DDoS, this was a DDoS from an OC3 line with over 60 IP's. I called his ISP and had his VPN shut down, so I could assume this guy would be mad. AFAIK, it's not even possible for something to just be downloaded without approval.
Running : Comodo Firewall Defense+ , Norton 360.
Help would be appreciated, want to know if this can be fixed, doesn't exist, or I need to reformat.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 10:07:38 PM, on 2/19/2011
Platform: Windows 7 (WinNT 6.00.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16722)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.5.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Users\1337\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://shop.thefreevpn.com/home.php
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/fix_homepage
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {8bdea9d6-6f62-45eb-8ee9-8a81af0d2f94} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EEE6C35D-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.5.0.125\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.5.0.125\IPS\IPSBHO.DLL
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8bdea9d6-6f62-45eb-8ee9-8a81af0d2f94} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Video Downloader BHO - {B7CF5C23-CA56-440B-8E87-8E2D05BE2113} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Gamevance Text - {BEAC7DC8-E106-4C6A-931E-5A42E7362883} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: SMTTB2009 - {FCBCCB87-9224-4B8D-B117-F56D924BEB18} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {8bdea9d6-6f62-45eb-8ee9-8a81af0d2f94} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {283B4AA3-1B7A-46E6-B56D-90EF4743FB2C} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {338B4DFE-2E2C-4338-9E41-E176D497299E} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.5.0.125\coIEPlg.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsioThk32Reg] REGSVR32.EXE /S CTASIO.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AsioReg] REGSVR32 /S CTASIO.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NUSB3MON] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Renesas Electronics\USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver\Application\nusb3mon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {0067DBFC-A752-458C-AE6E-B9C7E63D4824} (Device Detection) - http://www.logitech.com/devicedetector/plugins/LogitechDeviceDetection32.cab
O16 - DPF: {140E4DF8-9E14-4A34-9577-C77561ED7883} - http://content.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/global/bin/srldetect_cyri_4.1.72.0.cab
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {40F576AD-8680-4F9E-9490-99D069CD665F} - http://srtest-cdn.systemrequirementslab.com.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/sysreqlabdetect.cab
O16 - DPF: {5B9BE0A1-D671-4FB3-8E0B-E0821B65DAB5} - http://www.karma.co.kr/file/cab/DragonflyControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {784797A8-342D-4072-9486-03C8D0F2F0A1} (Battlefield Heroes Updater) - https://www.battlefieldheroes.com/static/updater/BFHUpdater_5.0.31.0.cab
O16 - DPF: {8768D5EA-5412-4810-A032-09AD2A726C69} (DownStarter2 Control) - http://bgweb.nowcdn.co.kr/Bin/DownStarter2.cab
O16 - DPF: {99CAAA27-FA0C-4FA4-B88A-4AB1CC7A17FE} (MGLaunch_v1004 Class) - http://www.netgame.com/mplugin/mglaunch_USAv1005.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab56907.cab
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {F6ACF75C-C32C-447B-9BEF-46B766368D29} (Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package) - http://ccfiles.creative.com/Web/softwareupdate/su2/ocx/15111/CTPID.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{616AAD28-0C6C-42FD-BC2C-9C8BB1174E20}: NameServer = 192.168.1.1
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\Skype4COM.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\guard32.dll
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: AMD FUEL Service - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exe
O23 - Service: AMD Reservation Manager - Advanced Micro Devices - C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Reservation Manager\AMD Reservation Manager.exe
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: CyberGhost VPN Client (CGVPNCliSrvc) - mobile concepts GmbH - C:\Program Files\S.A.D\CyberGhost VPN\CGVPNCliService.exe
O23 - Service: COMODO Internet Security Helper Service (cmdAgent) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Norton Internet Security (NIS) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Internet Security\Engine\18.5.0.125\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: nProtect GameGuard Service (npggsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\GameMon.des.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: LabSim Configuration and Security (OrbisClient.Services) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\TestOut\Orbis\OrbisClient.Services.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
O23 - Service: TeamViewer 6 (TeamViewer6) - TeamViewer GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version6\TeamViewer_Service.exe
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
–
End of file - 11587 bytes
Other information that may be irrelevant : Last night someone was DDoSing a community that I am active on, so I obtained their IP and I posted a topic about it, and shortly after they DDoS'd me, I'm aware of the differences between DoS/DDoS, this was a DDoS from an OC3 line with over 60 IP's. I called his ISP and had his VPN shut down, so I could assume this guy would be mad. AFAIK, it's not even possible for something to just be downloaded without approval.
Running : Comodo Firewall Defense+ , Norton 360.
Help would be appreciated, want to know if this can be fixed, doesn't exist, or I need to reformat.