Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Disappearing Allowable Cookies

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

All I can think of is to uninstall IE8 which should give you IE7 back. See if the problem is fixed. If yes, then reinstall IE8 and see what happens.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 NormanR

NormanR

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:10 AM

Hi, I've given up on IE and installed Firefox. All seems to be OK so far. It has it's advantages and disadvantages - pity one cannot have the best of IE and Firefox combined in one browser. Perhaps all the experts on this site should get together and make one! Regards, NormanR

#18 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

Do you run any junk file\history cleaners or the like ? Doing so deletes things like cookies, but these can be told (depending what you use) to leave certain things alone like specific cookies, just a thought.

Braindead

#19 NormanR

NormanR

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hi, Yes, I run CC Cleaner from time to time and there is a facility to exclude the deletion of 'friendly' cookies. Regards, NormanR

#20 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:41 PM

Yep and the new(er) versions also ask you on first use after installing if you want it to intelligently save cookies for you, I assume it knows the difference between logging in and just visiting cookies, but you can save cookies you want to keep as you already know by the sound of it, but thought it worth a mention.

Braindead

#21 NormanR

NormanR

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

Yes, thanks for the tip anyway.