This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

A lot of errors in my log file, corruption of system and program files

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My logs are in this post.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?sh…view=getnewpost


My system

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
GIGABYTE GA-790FXTA-UD5 AM3 AMD 790FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
# 1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
# 1 x SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinit
1 x PC Power and Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

I've never been able to get my backup to work properly, I've had the system find errors in the file system and run chkdsk at start up a lot of times without my initiation.
I know this sounds dumb but I can't figure out how to download the cbs.txt file from the file sharing site. Do you have to register to download?
Got it now. I did not even see the link to click to start the timeout download. I'll post back in a little while once I've had a chance to look at it.

Got it now. I did not even see the link to click to start the timeout download.

I'll post back in a little while once I've had a chance to look at it.

@rich,

Then… maybe you could write a a tutorial for some of use "technology challenged" wannabees. :popcorn:
Hi, I got your cbs.txt file, but as its over 11 MB I'll not try and upload here! You have many problems with this machine and if correct your logs indicate it was only commissioned just before Christmas….. Is that right? The date and time shown in your logs indicate errors, can you please check that the date and time is now set correctly, and confirm when done. when this has been done (time /date corrected) I suggest you consider trying this: 1 Reboot your computer and see if there is an improvement … 2 but if no improvement is noticed then use your first System Restore Point to set your computer back to the beginning of the year 3 Note doing the above will have the effect of deactivating any applications installed since that beginning of the year. 4 check to see if that fixes the problem 5 if still no joy run chkdsk again but this time with the r switch( the syntax is: chkdsk /r (note the space it needs to be there) 6 Now rerun sfc /scannow 7 reboot your computer and see how you go 8 If still no joy then I would start to consider reloading your machine from scratch..did you make a disc image? verified and reproducible? Regards paws
See this MS article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Especially this section:

If the System File Checker tool cannot repair a file, follow these steps:

1. At an elevated command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
takeown /f Path_And_File_Name
For example, type takeown /f E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.
2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER to grant administrators full access to the file:
icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
For example, type icacls E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.
3. Type the following command to replace the file with a known good copy of the file:
Copy Path_And_File_Name_Of_Source_File Path_And_File_Name_Of_Destination
For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll E:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.


I found 747 occurances of [SR] Cannot repair member file in your cbs.txt file.

Post back if you have any questions.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI