beiland
Topic Starter
I was working on another problem with my computer running slow and giving me 'hangapp' So i thought I would check the defrag of C with the microsoft tool. I did a check as tp weather it was needed, and was told it was not necessary.
Several hours later as I was getting ready for bed, I decided to run defragment anyway. When I clicked on the system tools in the control panel as I've done many times before, I suddenly got this new window "HDD Defragmenter" that prompely proceeded to scan my C-drive and delivery this message about numerous faults. My computer went crazy with all sorts of ALERTS. Now I am unable to access the internet.
I googled this HDD Defrag program to find it was some sort of fake virus that wants to sell you some download to fix the problem. When I looked at a lot of the suggestions on fixing the problem it appears as though there are numerous software people that want to sell you some sort of fix….and WHO THE HECK DO YOU TRUST??
So I went here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi…23191253AAXiYTL
In the first place the instructions here do not exactly match my XP program, so I had a bit of a problem following those instructions to the letter. I did know that I needed to get to the SAFE mode, which I did. I then made numerous attempts to eliminate any file or folder with HDD in its name, but this dayam problem keep coming back. Obviously it has embedded itself deeper in the computer than I am able to diagnosis….but then how do I get rid of this carp**?? And can I do it without installing another anti-something on my computer??
And how did it get past Microsoft Security Essentials which I was told by a knowledgeable computer guy was all I needed to protect myself??
The people who put this stuff out should be locked up in jail…at least for some sort period of time….its fraud & deception.
Several hours later as I was getting ready for bed, I decided to run defragment anyway. When I clicked on the system tools in the control panel as I've done many times before, I suddenly got this new window "HDD Defragmenter" that prompely proceeded to scan my C-drive and delivery this message about numerous faults. My computer went crazy with all sorts of ALERTS. Now I am unable to access the internet.
I googled this HDD Defrag program to find it was some sort of fake virus that wants to sell you some download to fix the problem. When I looked at a lot of the suggestions on fixing the problem it appears as though there are numerous software people that want to sell you some sort of fix….and WHO THE HECK DO YOU TRUST??
So I went here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi…23191253AAXiYTL
In the first place the instructions here do not exactly match my XP program, so I had a bit of a problem following those instructions to the letter. I did know that I needed to get to the SAFE mode, which I did. I then made numerous attempts to eliminate any file or folder with HDD in its name, but this dayam problem keep coming back. Obviously it has embedded itself deeper in the computer than I am able to diagnosis….but then how do I get rid of this carp**?? And can I do it without installing another anti-something on my computer??
And how did it get past Microsoft Security Essentials which I was told by a knowledgeable computer guy was all I needed to protect myself??
The people who put this stuff out should be locked up in jail…at least for some sort period of time….its fraud & deception.