Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91627 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I Gone Done Clicked Sumthing WRONG!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Classroom Admin
  • 20,135 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

Any of the browsers will work fine. It really comes down to the one you like - or are comfortable with. Any of them will get you to where you want to go.

I'm not good with Vista (don't have it) but I think this will get you a My computer icon.

Right click in a blank space on your desktop. Select Personalize. In the left pane click on Change desktop icon. Then put a check by items you want to show.

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------

mvplogo1_zpsea7gtc7e.gif

WTT-Grad1.jpg

Topics are closed after 5 days without response
unite_blue_zpsbfd3cd98.png

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Yep. That will do it Tom. I just tested it out on my Vista machine.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#18 compudodo

compudodo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:old fart on a rampage now w/big attitudes, big passions are poetry, parades, pansies, painting, and PIZZA, but only NY style thin crust, not necessarily in that order (and anyway i'm diabetic now and not eating much pizza, sheesh, life without carbs REALLY SUCKS). I know w/deteriorating eyesight and poor reflexes, I can't get back on a motorcycle for the rest of my life, gosh darn it,vroom vroom! (If heaven doesn't have motorcycles I don't wanna go there)

i love dogs/cats and horses, can't afford to own one. can't afford the vet bills. so I volunteer at a local animal shelter, get my sloppy wet kisses quota there.

i like being creative, doing creative things, making stuff, i like painting, drawing, making jewelry, even the findings, i like collecting odd-duck friends with great minds, you do know don't you that you are known by the company your mind keeps dontcha? i love birds, would never own one, not ever, would never do that but what wondrous creatures, they run the gamut from delicate gossamer of wing to mighty, brazenly masterful.
    i love khan academy , string theory ; epigenetics, my brain cells are dying as we speak, but i am fighting the good fight.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

Tom, thank you sweetie ...... I did it, I do have a computer icon now on my desktop, i clicked on everything you could click on, every tab, all of it, but it still doesn't tell me if I do have vista installed, which I am almost positive I do.... it just tells me i have windows 7. oops, p.s. it isn't a MY COMPUTER icon...it just says Computer

Edited by compudodo, 06 January 2011 - 01:04 PM.

veni, vidi, velcro.... i came, i saw, i stuck around; better yet: veni, vidi, venerous.... i came, i saw, i devour life with abandon

#19 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Classroom Admin
  • 20,135 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ok... then if it tells you that you have Windows 7, than that is the answer. You don't have Vista... you have Windows 7. I don't have Windows 7 available to me either so hopefully someone from the Tech Team who knows Windows 7 will step in here and help guide you. Edit: I just did a quick search and it appears that in Windows 7 the "My" was dropped so just "Computer" would be correct.

Tomk

mvplogo1_zpsea7gtc7e.gif

WTT-Grad1.jpg

#20 compudodo

compudodo

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:old fart on a rampage now w/big attitudes, big passions are poetry, parades, pansies, painting, and PIZZA, but only NY style thin crust, not necessarily in that order (and anyway i'm diabetic now and not eating much pizza, sheesh, life without carbs REALLY SUCKS). I know w/deteriorating eyesight and poor reflexes, I can't get back on a motorcycle for the rest of my life, gosh darn it,vroom vroom! (If heaven doesn't have motorcycles I don't wanna go there)

i love dogs/cats and horses, can't afford to own one. can't afford the vet bills. so I volunteer at a local animal shelter, get my sloppy wet kisses quota there.

i like being creative, doing creative things, making stuff, i like painting, drawing, making jewelry, even the findings, i like collecting odd-duck friends with great minds, you do know don't you that you are known by the company your mind keeps dontcha? i love birds, would never own one, not ever, would never do that but what wondrous creatures, they run the gamut from delicate gossamer of wing to mighty, brazenly masterful.
    i love khan academy , string theory ; epigenetics, my brain cells are dying as we speak, but i am fighting the good fight.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

oh lord, XP Vista Windows 7.... see how clueless I am? who knew windows 7 was an operating system? I just don't get the basic lingo...ok, now that the puter is up and running again it seems I have to find tune some things. do i have to go to another area of what the tech to find out why when I shut down, I click out of all screens, I'm sitting here staring at the desktop, I hit shut down..... it does..... and next time when I start up, and this happens every time I restart my computer, a screen pops up telling me windows did not shut down properly, do I want to restore my last session or go to my home page. HUH??? I close out all screens, I'm back to the desktop and how is that not shutting my computer down properly??? I don't get it. Also, MSN is my homepage, but for some reason, now if I want to check my email, I have to sign in every single time, there isn't even an option to save the password, remember me, nothing.... the screen just appears with my name already in the user box and the password is xxxxx'd in....and all I have to do is click on start and then it will take me to email..... this wasn't like this before. what's up???? I don't get it. Is this Windows 7 the latest most recent system ? Because some of these features like this particular version of my email sign in screen is just totally foreign, never have seen it before. When I lost everything doing system restore, did it just automatically start up with a totally new program, this Windows 7?? Cause when I bought this puter back last May, was Windows 7 even on the market back then?? Is that possible????
veni, vidi, velcro.... i came, i saw, i stuck around; better yet: veni, vidi, venerous.... i came, i saw, i devour life with abandon

#21 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Classroom Admin
  • 20,135 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Windows 7 was release in October of 2009. It is the most current operating system (and arguably the "best" windows platform), but it is different than XP and for sure will take some getting used to and "tweaking" to get it where you are comfortable with it. As I said before, I don't have it so I'm not the right person to guide you... but several members here use it and I'm sure that they will be able to help.

Tomk

mvplogo1_zpsea7gtc7e.gif

WTT-Grad1.jpg