This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AVG 2011

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Well it seams to me AVG has gone blown up or as I say wack peoples computers

http://majorgeeks.com/download886.html

Was trying to install it on Windows Prem 64 OS and it will not suppot the operating system, look only to be 32 bit format.

Well I guess the more reason to say good by and welcome MSSE :( :( , seams the talk of this AV (MSSE) has a lighter foot print anyways.

http://free.avg.com/us-en/platforms?lic=l_afh

it does indeed run on all windows 64bit os.. xp,vista and win 7.

try here :- http://free.avg.com/us-en/download-free-antivirus

:popcorn:


Terry have you installed this on Windows 7 64 bit ? I use that file and it always comes up on a 7 64 saying it does not suppot this platform and this is the free version. The paid version will run.

Done already installed MSSE and tbh, so far I like it better and its not much of a resource hog, AVG was like this once, but now its bloated.
no i haven't was just going by the supported platforms list for the free version, only running linux so can't test for you either. like tomk said tho think you'll be happy with msse. :popcorn:

no i haven't was just going by the supported platforms list for the free version, only running linux so can't test for you either.

like tomk said tho think you'll be happy with msse.

:popcorn:


Aye so far so good, the supported version list in free are 32 bit, i did several other test on some other 64 bit machines and same thing for 2011 AVG, guess they are trying to force folks into paying for a full version.

Cheers,

Jimbo1

the supported version list in free are 32 bit,

not according to this link :- http://free.avg.com/us-en/platforms?lic=l_afh"]
shrugs.

:popcorn:

the supported version list in free are 32 bit,

not according to this link :- http://free.avg.com/us-en/platforms?lic=l_afh"]
shrugs.

:popcorn:


Aya why ya think I am scratching my head, i tryed and tested it on 3 other win 7 64 bit machines, To be sure they were no file corruption I re-downloaded the file again and same results, If i knew what was causing it I could fix it. But the test on 32 bits the program installs fine.

Go figuar

But here is the odd thing now, I found AVG 10.0 64 bit ver thats working here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus_64/

But its not 2011

I may call AVG and see what the deal is, and as I said in one of my post MSE i am liking more and more.
Slap me up side my head, went to install this on a person machine after I told them of known problems with AVG, this one bit me hard, it crashed and not I cannot uninstall AVG and it causing a black screen during a start up. Windows 7 32 bit. The machine load up seeing starting windows, black screens afterwards for about 3 minutes long and then comes back to desk top, now I am stuck of trying to fix the person machine. Never again.
Belive it or not, when I was uninstalling AVG on my new computer(dayam guy that installed it) I experienced more than 5 different errors. I've tried few different tools. I had to reboot my computer 6 times during all the desperate attempts of uninstalling. And on top of that, the last time I rebooted, the logo screen from the motherboard STAYED for 1 minute scaring the hell out of me thinking I trashed my new computer. Luckily, the hell was over. Don't ask me what tools, what worked etc cuz I want to erase everything from my memory that happened during that period!!!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI