success redownloading google chrome fixed the problem with txtlinks. also, i just remembered and forgot to tell you that the txtlinks were only appearing on forum type pages (as in regular writing im guessing youd call that html coding?)
Research shows me a couple of possibilities with your sound… but they are "techy". I'm not a Tech. I'm thinking you would be better served by the Tech team by posting in the Hardware forum. I suggest that you post your problem there… giving a link back to this topic.. and I suspect the Tech team will have a solution.
But first..
Time for some housekeeping
Click START then RUN
Now type ComboFix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK.
Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.
[external image: Posted Image]
The above procedure will:
Implement some cleanup procedures.
Reset System Restore.
Double click on OTL to run it.
Click on CleanUp!
When done, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.
Please re-enable any security that was disabled.
The following is my standard advice for the future. Use what you can and pat yourself on the back for what you're already doing.
ok uh what are your suggestions i try real fast for sound if theyre within reason? otherwise ill go to hardware and post the link
i thankyou very much for your hard work tom! the annoying txtlinks are gone along with a bunch of other troublesome malware making my computer seem a lot cleaner (and hopefully running better as i think ive seen a slight difference with internet problems )
edit: was also wondering your opinion of norton vs. other antivirus (both paid and free) ive heard some bad things about norton (besides it having slow definition updates) its apparently had many ethical problems along with what ive heard (from real computer technicians) that it downloads malware when its expiring to get you to re-subscribe as the worst, and that it is also so deeply embedded you cant remove it. i also heard that with specifically the India branch, they tell you that you need to call for professional help due to infection, and that those professionals state your virus-free but dont refund you after you pay for their services to help get your computer fixed up.
(that is why i will love this site forever and recommend it to any friends i know experience malware/computer problems)
wills,
I'll keep watch over your topic when you post in the Tech forum… but I don't want to "guess" at something when the Tech's will know what to do. I'm not abandoning you - I'm just giving you the best advice that I can.
As for Norton…
I do not believe that I've ever heard that they have gone Rogue…installing malware on your system, etc. They do embed deeply and are hard to get off… but they are actually getting better about that. The charging for "professional" help removing malware is true… but it is not unique to Norton. The same thing happens every day at 100's of computer repair shops every day. You don't get charged only if they find something… you get charge for their time looking. I'm not sure that I think that is unfair.
I, personally don't care for Norton. My biggest complaint is that it is a resource hog and it is intrusive. I also believe that there are at least three free alternatives that do a better job.. and use less rescources. Those would be Microsoft Security Essentials, Avast, and Avira.
ok thanks ill look into avast and also found more gamevance but so far no txtlinks (maybe cause i ran malwarebytes b4 i went to chrome tho )
heres the log
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50
www.malwarebytes.org
Database version: 5309
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702
12/16/2010 3:35:12 PM
mbam-log-2010-12-16 (15-35-12).txt
Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 206430
Time elapsed: 31 minute(s), 38 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\gvtl (Adware.GameVance) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
it may also be worth noting that my internets acting kind of "jumpy" as in it goes stalls for like a sec goes and stalls again constantly but this my just be the connection but thought id throw that out there for you incase its related (am using chrome)
alright will do, though from looking at articles some seem to take 5 days to get a response so it might be awhile.
once again my deepest thanks for helping me get rid of a sizable portion of malware!
norton just said:
auto-protect is processing security risk Bloodhound.MalPE
im not visiting any new sites (just this one basically for right now) and a couple others that ive never had a problem with and yet somehow im still getting kicked in the but with viruses coming up and getting removed :\ at this point would it just come to reformatting?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI