This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Opera virtual sandbox

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I got my computer cleaned up and ready to go. I want to keep it that way. I have got drive by infections and want to protect my computer. The times I got infected, I had lots of antispyware, etc. but I got it from what I thought were reputable sites. One was from the Yahoo mail webpage link. What virtual sandbox will work with Opera? Thanks GB
Worth noting from:
http://www.pallab.net/2007/06/26/sandbox-y…ee-web-surfing/

"I tested it with Opera and didn't run into any problem. It allows you to even create and manage multiple sandboxes. However, the free version of Sandboxie doesn’t automatically sandbox particular applications when they are launched. There is another issue with Sandboxie – files downloaded using a sandboxed application are not normally visible in Windows Explorer. Sandboxie replicates the actual directory structure on your hard disk and places the downloaded files in its own ‘Application Data’ folder".

I use Opera and Internet Explorer and my browsing experience with Sandboxie (only used for testing a few unknown programs) on both Opera and Internet Explorer is …SLOW baby, SLOW !

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI