Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Opera virtual sandbox

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gbsk

gbsk

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

I got my computer cleaned up and ready to go. I want to keep it that way. I have got drive by infections and want to protect my computer. The times I got infected, I had lots of antispyware, etc. but I got it from what I thought were reputable sites. One was from the Yahoo mail webpage link. What virtual sandbox will work with Opera? Thanks GB

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:55 PM

Give SandBoxie a try.

Another possibility is Acronis True Image's Try & Decide tool.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

Worth noting from:
http://www.pallab.ne...ee-web-surfing/

"I tested it with Opera and didn't run into any problem. It allows you to even create and manage multiple sandboxes. However, the free version of Sandboxie doesn’t automatically sandbox particular applications when they are launched. There is another issue with Sandboxie – files downloaded using a sandboxed application are not normally visible in Windows Explorer. Sandboxie replicates the actual directory structure on your hard disk and places the downloaded files in its own ‘Application Data’ folder".

I use Opera and Internet Explorer and my browsing experience with Sandboxie (only used for testing a few unknown programs) on both Opera and Internet Explorer is ...SLOW baby, SLOW !

Cheers,
Lee

Edited by Lee, 27 October 2010 - 12:35 AM.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.