Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Text delay and slow internet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 elliebungo

elliebungo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi My internet is going really really slow and typing is really delayed. I've run malwarebytes, superantispyware, avira antivirus, wise disk cleaner, spywareblaster and temporary file cleaner. There were lots of things removed or quarantined through these programs. I've tried defragmenting and resetting internet explorer settings. I've installed the most recent windows update and updated the virus scanner and superantispyware. This all seemed to happen after a box appeared just after startup asking for permission to run an exe file and I stupidly clicked on run by accident. The virus scanners, malwarebytes, superantispyware, etc are no longer finding anything but the delay in internet browsing, typing delay is driving me mad!! (Note there is no delay when typing in this box). Please help someone! Thank you Ellie

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hi and welcome to the WTT forums, sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.
If your computer has had files quarantined then this usually means that malicious code has been removed to a safe area of your computer. To check that all the malicious code, viruses, worms trojans etc have all been located, identified and made harmless it would be wise to visit this link:
http://forums.whatth...howtopic=106388
follow the directions carefully posting the required logs and a trained malware fighter will analyse your logs and provide you with detailed step by step instructions on how best to proceed.
Once you machine has been declared clean please post back here in this forum if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 elliebungo

elliebungo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

Hi there
Thanks for the quick response. Here's the OTL.txt log:

EDITED by paws OTL log removed.
Attached File  elliebungo_OTL_logs.txt   82.8KB   232 downloads

Edited by paws, 21 October 2010 - 04:15 PM.

#4 elliebungo

elliebungo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

And here's the extras.txt log:
EDITED by paws OTL extras log removed
Attached File  elliebungo_OTL_log_extras.txt   34.43KB   225 downloads

I should probably also say that I deleted 3 profiles from the pc but it looks like the one I left is shown as 'console' so not sure if I've deleted the wrong one! Hope you can help. Many thanks, Ellie

Edited by paws, 21 October 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#5 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

Hi,
You need to follow the directions in the link I gave you and post your logs in the other forum...we don't analyse lthese logs or offer malware removal advice anywhere else...
I am deleting your log from this forum as I dont want the search engines to find it and encourage other folks to post their logs in the wrong forum!
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#6 elliebungo

elliebungo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

Sorry, I'm new to all this. I was following the directions in the link you gave me tho? I'll go back to that page and post the logs there then? Thanks Eleanor

#7 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

Dont worry.... its no problem
Here's the extract from the link that I gave you that you should be following:

The next step is to start your topic.
Click the Start Button below and post the information from Steps 1 and 2

Start a in Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal Forum

How to create a new topic

Do not reply to your own topic - Helpers look for topics with 0 replies.

If you do not receive a reply to your initial post after three days please post a reminder for us HERE

Take a look at the linked page again and look for the words that I quoted above..
Regards
paws

#8 elliebungo

elliebungo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:47 PM

thanks for that...sorry being a bit dim!

#9 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:50 AM

No worries! :thumbup: I had a look at your post in the malware removal forum and you did everything fine... its now just a case of waiting for a response.... Just a tip...the malware fighters first look for topics to answer that have zero responses....... so resist the temptation to make a "follow up" post over there (until you have received a response) I'll monitor your topic here...so if you haven't had a response in a day or two post back to me here.....and I'll point you in the right direction so you can issue a "gentle" reminder! Regards paws

#10 elliebungo

elliebungo

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

Cool that's great, thank you for your help. Hope this works :)