This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Text delay and slow internet

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi My internet is going really really slow and typing is really delayed. I've run malwarebytes, superantispyware, avira antivirus, wise disk cleaner, spywareblaster and temporary file cleaner. There were lots of things removed or quarantined through these programs. I've tried defragmenting and resetting internet explorer settings. I've installed the most recent windows update and updated the virus scanner and superantispyware. This all seemed to happen after a box appeared just after startup asking for permission to run an exe file and I stupidly clicked on run by accident. The virus scanners, malwarebytes, superantispyware, etc are no longer finding anything but the delay in internet browsing, typing delay is driving me mad!! (Note there is no delay when typing in this box). Please help someone! Thank you Ellie
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums, sorry to hear of the problems with your machine.
If your computer has had files quarantined then this usually means that malicious code has been removed to a safe area of your computer. To check that all the malicious code, viruses, worms trojans etc have all been located, identified and made harmless it would be wise to visit this link:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showtopic=106388
follow the directions carefully posting the required logs and a trained malware fighter will analyse your logs and provide you with detailed step by step instructions on how best to proceed.
Once you machine has been declared clean please post back here in this forum if you are still having issues with it and we will do our best to help
Regards
paws
And here's the extras.txt log:
EDITED by paws OTL extras log removed
📎elliebungo_OTL_log_extras.txt

I should probably also say that I deleted 3 profiles from the pc but it looks like the one I left is shown as 'console' so not sure if I've deleted the wrong one! Hope you can help. Many thanks, Ellie
Hi,
You need to follow the directions in the link I gave you and post your logs in the other forum…we don't analyse lthese logs or offer malware removal advice anywhere else…
I am deleting your log from this forum as I dont want the search engines to find it and encourage other folks to post their logs in the wrong forum!
Regards
paws
Sorry, I'm new to all this. I was following the directions in the link you gave me tho? I'll go back to that page and post the logs there then? Thanks Eleanor
Dont worry…. its no problem
Here's the extract from the link that I gave you that you should be following:

The next step is to start your topic.
Click the Start Button below and post the information from Steps 1 and 2



Start a in Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal Forum

How to create a new topic


Do not reply to your own topic - Helpers look for topics with 0 replies.

If you do not receive a reply to your initial post after three days please post a reminder for us HERE



Take a look at the linked page again and look for the words that I quoted above..
Regards
paws
No worries! :thumbup: I had a look at your post in the malware removal forum and you did everything fine… its now just a case of waiting for a response…. Just a tip…the malware fighters first look for topics to answer that have zero responses……. so resist the temptation to make a "follow up" post over there (until you have received a response) I'll monitor your topic here…so if you haven't had a response in a day or two post back to me here…..and I'll point you in the right direction so you can issue a "gentle" reminder! Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI