Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Modify NEW list style in Word 2007

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 agoodlytouch

agoodlytouch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hey there ..... :pullhair: I am trying to make a 500 question multiple choice test in the following format: 1. Why a. because b. because c. because d. i don't know I have modified a multilevel style, I set the same position for all levels (alignment), then I formatted the characters 1. a. etc. changed the number style for level 2 - 5 to a,b,c... and level 1 to 1,2,3... and set to restart after level 5 and start at 2. Applied to whole list, linked to no style, followed with a tab character. New documents based on this template and named it. Goto new document select my new list style and I still get .. 1. Why 2. because 3. because etc. I even tried to manually change the list levels and after 2. I can not get a. next - I get b. I have also change my change my auto correction options while try to complete this task - I have unticked all the "Automatical as you type" options and the automatic bullets and numbered list options. So ... d. I dont know :blush: what to do and of course I am on a deadline. Help please I followed the help directions and still stuck. I have tried to attach a copy of the document - I might not have permission to do so - but if need I can send from another computer

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 arTech

arTech

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Perhaps this link can help
Set up a new multilevel list style

arTech

Edited by arTech, 15 October 2010 - 03:40 PM.

--- prevent rather than cure / better safe than sorry ---

#3 agoodlytouch

agoodlytouch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:00 AM

Ok thx - going through steps now ... looks like a good tutorial!!! :woot:

#4 agoodlytouch

agoodlytouch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

OMG :pullhair: I think everything I need is here but I don't know it is very confusing!! I will keep trying thx ( I must say I can't understand it at all!! After following the steps I still have to go back and apply the list number settings??? )

Edited by agoodlytouch, 18 October 2010 - 07:56 AM.

#5 arTech

arTech

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 18 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Original

How to Use Multilevel Lists in Word 2007

arTech

--- prevent rather than cure / better safe than sorry ---

#6 agoodlytouch

agoodlytouch

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 01:14 PM

I found the second link b4 I added the post. I believe all I need is in your orginal link post, just may take some extra brain power and some trial and error for me to figure it out. I thank you very much for your help!!