Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Lag (freeze) on windows7

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 Igx33

Igx33

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

Ok... tried all your metodes.. and god dmt... nothing helps -Ztruker.. I did everything as its writen, disabled all, but did not help... -Doug dude... tried your method too... did everything... and it did not help -Tomk... I have done that too.. but I saw nothing
Hi, its just me. Nobody else...

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#62 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

About the only thing I can think of is that most Anti-virus software installs part of itself as a device driver so it's not subject to being disabled via msconfig.

What do you use for Anti-virus? Whatever it is, try downloading Microsoft Security Essentials and saving it, then uninstalling your current Anti-virus software, rebooting then install MSSE, see if that makes a difference. If not, uninstall MSSE and reinstall your normal Anti-virus if you want. I use MSSE.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#63 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Quick question for you Techs. If his CPU usage doesn't go up... doesn't that mean that the problem is on the server side?
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#64 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

@ Ztruker...

Microsoft Security Essentials is already installed as the primary and only AntiVirus in this machine 09/10/10
Malwarebytes is also installed 09/29/10

See: http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=23910905
from this earlier post: http://forums.whatth...=...st&p=686230

@ Igx33
I'd like to see a fresh PCPitstop OverDrive Results, to see what progress has been made uninstalling and/or disabling various of the items that have been suggested.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#65 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:48 PM

Quick question for you Techs.

If his CPU usage doesn't go up... doesn't that mean that the problem is on the server side?

Yes, your observation is logical.

The regularly occurring lag, being lag of 30 seconds at nearly exact "intervals" of 15 minutes, begs the question of what may be happening at those intervals.

So far the ISP is denying any activity or malfunction on their part.

All the program and processes, whose Services we have suggested to STOP, should still be stopped at this time.

@ Igx33

Please do the following to give us a view of your Services.

Please consider running this simple utility that will help you get control of programs and processes that you wish to have running active, or not.

CodeStuff-Starters
http://www.snapfiles...et/Starter.html

Download and install, agreeing to the licensing terms and allow to install with all of the default settings as preselected in the installation wizard.

When you finally allow CodeStuff-Starters to run
It will preselect StartUps Tab - – (Change the tab selection to Services)
  • Click on File
  • Select - save as html (name the report file - Services Oct09.html)
    Right-click on Services Oct09.html - Select - Send to: -- Select - Compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload that Folder - CodeStuff Oct09.zip into your next reply in this Thread.

In your next reply, post the file as an attached file (use browse and upload buttons -- at the bottom-right corner of your topic posting window where you are typing your next reply)

Please do not make any changes with Code-Stuff Starters, until after you post the requested information above and receive recommendations from a helper here.

Best Regards

#66 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

@ Igx33 While you are at it, please do the same from the Processes(tab)

#67 Igx33

Igx33

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:05 AM

Attached File  Services_Oct09.zip   18.45KB   254 downloads Attached File  Processes_Oct09.zip   5.67KB   220 downloads Ok... I think that I did that good

#68 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Could this be a TrustedInstaller issue?

If it was... it seems like cpu usage for this process should have spiked up to 90% or so during the lag period. :wacko:
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#69 Igx33

Igx33

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

I told you... computer doest lag.. just internet... and.. I found something really strange... so, it lags on everything on internet.. CS, LoL, Browsers.. etc... but it does NOT lag on WoW.... I really dont get a point... :S

#70 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

just a thought i had that might help the tech guys, haven't read all topic but did see that the problem is happening at regular intervals so first thing that popped into my sieve of a brain, was maybe something is going to sleep at those times, for instance maybe the motherboard is turn off the lan until it receives a handshake packet to wake it up again or something, maybe wow works fine because it's constantly sending/receiving those handshakes.. shrugs.. :popcorn:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#71 Igx33

Igx33

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:35 AM

Idk really... it may be... but I need tech to tell me how to check it ....

#72 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

ok just something to try for now to see if it makes any difference until someone more capable than i can help.

lets turn off win 7's power management for your network device..
http://technet.micro.....28WS.10).aspx

To turn power management features on or off

Open Network and Sharing Center (click the Start button, type Network and Sharing in the Start Search box, and press Enter).

Click the Change adapter settings link in the upper left of the navigation pane.

Right click the network connection you want to enable/disable power management support on and click Properties.

Click Configure.

On the Power Management tab, check or clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.
* When checked, power management is enabled on the network adapter.

* When cleared, power management is disabled on the network adapter.

and see if that makes any difference.

:popcorn:

#73 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:47 PM

terry1966 suggested in a private forum that posting your Event Viewer information may give a clue. It's fairly straight forward to do.

The best way is to save the data as a .evt (Event Log) file. To do this:

Press Winkey+R, type eventvwr.msc and press Enter or click OK
Expand Windows Logs
Click on each sub category in turn, and click on Action then Save all Events as ...

A Save As dialog will open. Make sure Save as type is Event Files (*.evt), pick a folder to save in and give the same name as the area you are viewing, I.E. Application, Security, Setup, System, Forwarded Events.

Once all are done, compress them to a .ZIP file (may have to do each individually) then upload each one here using the buttons below the message input area (Browse the Upload). Once uploaded, click on Manage Current Attachments and click on each uploaded file to place a link to that file in your post.

That way, we can download those files and import them into Event Viewer to look at the entire set of data. May not show anything useful, but worth a try.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#74 Jkc73

Jkc73

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Interests:Malware Removal, Tech Support

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

Steam Software
"Steam Support Wiki"

This post suggests that "Steam" changes your internet settings, and offers a fix.( I would reinstall,etc.[Steam])
http://forums.counte....html#post32115

Igx33 :wavey:

Have you simply switched off the computer at the wall for at least 20 minutes. (After logging off, of course) :blush:

Sometimes it works miracles. :thumbup:

You also have a low upload speed which can cause your huge lag when playing online games.

You can optimize you internet settings using TCP Optimizer v3.0.5 (How to ?)
(Use with caution, as this program edits the registry and may cause your system to fail when not used properly.)
I recommend prior to using TCP Optimizer v3.0.5 that you create a System Restore Point

You can also run sfc /scannow to check your system files.

Please let us know how your system is running....

Regards,
Jkc73 :)

Edited by Jkc73, 17 October 2010 - 09:34 AM.

~ Jkc73
--------------------

Posted Image
Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.
How to Prevent Malware: by ©miekiemoes
"I do most of my reading when writing".

Enjoy life, before it enjoys you!

Due to real life commitments, I may be unable to respond!

#75 Igx33

Igx33

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

Ok, @terry1966, tried... it did not help :( @JkC73, tried... it did not help too :( ... I saw that forum... it did not help @Ztruker ...I cant upload files :( ... they are more than 2MB and max upload here is 500K