Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91803 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

yahoomail

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#46 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:55 AM

Venus_n, Your caution and concern are admirable. We should all be careful about where we browse on the internet, and what types of business we engage. Many people I know in my local neighborhood are so cautious about the internet that they do not do any business, banking, purchasing or similar via the Internet. That's fine. I personally like to make a limited amount of purchases at some sites, but many folks just decide to not do that. They can still enjoy reading the news, checking the weather forecast, exchanging messages with loved ones, and participating in activities that interest them. Through your hard work with Ken454, you have discovered that your own computer is not infected. Through your hard work here at WTT Forums, with several helpers assisting, you have discovered that your experiences with yahoo are ordinary and the same as what other computer users experience. If you continue to have high levels of concern about phishing and forged sites, I would encourage you to avoid submitting any personally identifying information, particularly avoiding information that may be related to banking and business. If you already have engaged in business through the internet, consider going to your bank and credit card companies to change your username and passwords with them directly. Then enjoy the Internet. Do the types of things you enjoy, and benefit from the rich variety of ideas, images, stories, news, and information that is available via the internet. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

Advertisements

Register to Remove