Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

yahoomail

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

help. why does help.yahoo.com has contact us form but they dont reply. and send someone with a id without Y sign of yahoo without key sign for verifying id for replying.

I don't know yahoo helpcentral pages are getting redirected or someone is getting the info about what i am mailing to yahoo helpcentral. I am always getting replies to my queries sent on yahoo helpcentral but the replies are not from yahoo support. They claim to be from yahoo support though, but the purple Y sign doesn't exist in front of the emails.
I read somewhere on the yahoo site that to check if mails are from Yahoo you have to look for the purple Y sign.Yahoo help has contact us section. Do you get replies.no get spams instead.

I am mailing yahoo help from contact forms, to just have my questions passed on to phishers who reply. The replies try to answer my query but they cant because they are the phishers. I further mail about the incident again to help, and again reply from phishers. The replies have no signs of being from authenticate yahoo staff.

i thought of changing my yahoo password and after i did that and went to mail.yahoo.com it shows up a page of login and stays there 2 seconds and gets redirected to another yahoo login page which has a grey login box. And the URL is diffrent in address bar. I logged in and it says password incorrect inspite of my feeding the same password to which i changed. Then again i login enter again the password and it logs in.

After i log out, and wrote mail.yahoo.com in address bar, the same login page comes which had been coming since 20 days, and logs me in in one time.

Whenever i change my password this happens.

There is a community also in yahoo helpcentral where people ask other yahoo users and i can read their postings . And soon as i login the community goes and the community page turns into links of other FAQ questions not postings between users.

When i am not logged in there is even a link to click and ask from community but none from inside logged in. When i am logged out and i click that link to post my query it damm acts like wall. No click. As if there was nothing written there. I feels so much injustice on me.

http://forums.spybot...ead.php?t=59400
http://forums.spybot...ead.php?t=59414
http://forums.spybot...ead.php?t=59625

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

You know what just happened. Iam locked out of my yahoo mail. recovering password says. We're sorry that you cannot access the alternate email address or mobile number you provided for your account. Would you like to try another email address or mobile number? Please return on September 30, 2010, after 22:23 IST, when you will be able to reset your password by answering the secret question you chose for your account. Why must I wait?

#3 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

Yahoo help chat. Please wait for a Yahoo! agent to respond. You are currently number 1 in the queue. Chat InformationAll Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 1 minutes. Chat InformationAll Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 1 minutes. Chat InformationAll Yahoo! agents are currently assisting others. Thank you for your patience. A Yahoo! agent will be with you shortly. Your expected wait time is approximately 1 minutes. Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Michael Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK42601730498X ket: hi Michael: Hi Ket! Welcome to our Yahoo! Account Verification Live Chat service. I'm glad you've joined us. Michael: As I understand it, you're unable to reset the password to your Yahoo! account. Did I get that right? ket: ye Michael: I realize the difficulties that you may be experiencing and I'll do my best to assist you with this. Michael: May I have the Yahoo! ID for which you need assistance? ket: <> Michael: Please be with me for a moment while I check your Yahoo! ID. Michael: Thanks for being on hold. Michael: I am sorry, but this avenue of support is for US and UK Account Verification issues only. For further assistance regarding your issue related to India, please visit the following link: Michael: Account Verification Link Michael: You will be required to write an email. Your email will be responded to within 24 hours. ket: k Michael: Would there be anything else I may assist you with? ket: no Michael: I'd appreciate it if you'd complete a survey at the end of this session to give us your comments and suggestions. Michael: To find the survey, click "End Chat" at the top right of the chat window and you'll be directed to the survey page.

#4 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Can i give the 2 links.(could be malicious) The box-link where i was chatting. The account verification link. I didnt click,only rightclick -copy link location.

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

Hi venus n,

I have read your prior posts and the excellent assistance you have already received from Shelf Life and Tashi. Good Work.
Good to know that your machine has not been infected.

As to login with Yahoo! Mail, your account is protected and can only be accessed by yourself via logging in with the username and password which you created at the time your Registered.

Many Member-login websites such as Yahoo! and Yahoo! Email, protect the security of your account by requiring Member username and password to gain access.
When an incorrect username or incorrect password is entered, you will most often be given an additional chance to log in correctly, and maybe even up to 3 chances.
Each time, you may be offered assistance, as in: "Have you forgotten your password?", or "Need help with your member Username?"
These links will allow you to request additional assistance, and even request a change or temporary password to be sent to the email address you used when you first registered. You can then retrieve the additional help information or temporary/changed password by checking your email at the account you used when registering.

Most such websites also protect you the Member, with additional protection that may "lock" your account.
This happens when several failed attempts to log in have occurred.

Yahoo! and similar sites presume that you will know and remember your Member username and your password.
All of us forget a username or password from time to time and may need an extra try to log in correctly.

However, if excessive and repeated failing attempts to log in occur, Yahoo! or similar sites may presume that an attacker or person without your permission may be attempting to "guess" your username and password. Eventually, if given enough tries (dozens or hundreds or thousands of attempts) an attacker will eventually be able to guess your correct username and password combination.

Therefore Yahoo! and other similar websites generally limit the number of tries or attempts to log in.
After the limited number of attempted logins have failed, Yahoo! or similar websites may "lock" your account, preventing any additional attempts.
Usually this 'lock-out" is for a period of time, most often 24 hours, before you can try to log in successfully again.

This is a good thing, since it prevents attackers from having unlimited opportunity to hack into your account.
And it gives you a time-out to research where you may have written down or recorded your username and password for future reference.

You are apparently locked-out from your Yahoo! account at this time.
And the time-period of lock-out will expire tomorrow at: 22:23 IST

You will simply have to wait.

What The Tech Forums cannot change this for you, nor are we accountable for the Policies of other Websites.

Those policies are there for your privacy and security.
Sometimes, if you have forgotten your password, or incorrectly entered username or password information, it can be very frustrating.
Your only alternative is to wait until tomorrow, and then carefully try again.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#6 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

Yes i agree with all your information, but i have not taken more than 3 chances to enter my password and i am sure my password is the one i am entering. So its obvious that someone has tried to guess multiple times and its obvious someone has changed my password. Also, mail.yahoo.com page not staying for more than 2-3 seconds, changing to another mail.yahoo.com page sounds like a redirect. Also, the helpcentral issues.

#7 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Yes i agree with all your information, but i have not taken more than 3 chances to enter my password and i am sure my password is the one i am entering. So its obvious that someone has tried to guess multiple times and its obvious someone has changed my password.

Also, mail.yahoo.com page not staying for more than 2-3 seconds, changing to another mail.yahoo.com page sounds like a redirect.
Also, the helpcentral issues.

A good course of action at this time would be to open a fresh new account with of Yahoo! Mail.
Once that is established, you may have a better opportunity to trouble-shoot the old account, in case you wish to access old emails and address book information.

Otherwise, wait until tomorrow and try again.

#8 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:03 PM

I clicked to create new id link on the login page. I filled up the form. It wont let me create the id. It says "you cannot include your id,name, or the word password". I have written something which doesn't include these. I tried changing the passsword etc. But again. I clicked to switch to yahoo india from that page, tried creating a new id but again the same.

#9 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

Oops. Sorry. I forgot that you would have to be able to log into your main Yahoo account successfully before creating a sub account. Sorry. Guess you are back to still waiting for your lock-out period to expire.

#10 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

Its ok. What is sub account. Is it some new system with yahoo. I thought people could make different accounts without getting into previous account. What i had did was clicked on link to create new id on the mail.yahoo.com page. It had taken me to this filing up the form. And that is where i wrote a preferred username and a preffered password. The password i was choosing didnt contain my username, the word passsword or my name. But the alert was in red "you cannot include your name, username, or the word password in your passwrd". This was happening on choosing different passwords .Then i clicked to go to yahoo india on that page, and again a form came form creating a new id. Then again i did fill up my name, preferred id, and all the other entries, chosen passwd. Same alert that "you cannot include your name,username,or the word passwrd in your pswrd". I wasnt writtng any of those items in chosen passwrd.

Edited by venus_n, 30 September 2010 - 12:53 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

Recovered - reset password of yahoomail this morning. Seems to be OK. Though problem with yahoo helpcentral still persists. Tested them by mailing them, and got a reply from seemingly non-yahoo staff.

#12 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:04 PM

OK .heres a compilation of how my yahoomail is different from other users, i have researched over in the last 10 days.

1. When i am signed into yahoo, and i go to any section of yahoo it says "hi <user>" just like it should be and is for all other users. But when i go to the page http://ymailupdates.com, it doesnt say "welcome <user>", unlike its for other people.

2. When i contact yahoohelp through the contact help form, the replies i get are without the purple Y insignia or domain key, unlike what other people get when they contact yahoo.

3. When you are a member of a official yahoogroup, then the news from the group and updates from the group contain the purple Y insignia, unlike mine. I am not talking of the group messages which members post to all but the news or updates from the group.

4. Yahoomail classic layout , for people, shows a drop down menu next to "hi <user>", from where they can select account info. Mine has no drop down menu next to "hi <user>". Having no account info means i have no option to reset my password.

5. My incoming and outgoing mails are reaching in a lot of time. Some important mails regarding communication of how yahoomail works seem to be missing, or communication with someone who is helping on this seems to be blocked out of nowhere suddenly when the last mail they sent was "i will confirm info and get back in the evening".

6..People see a option to create a signin seal if you dont have one, above the sign in form ,when they are on the sign in page, but i am not seeing that option, only a form to sign in.

7. There maybe more, but it was difficult to find out because i couldnt talk to much people who are yahoo mail users. .

Edited by venus_n, 17 October 2010 - 07:07 AM.

#13 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

1. When i am signed into yahoo, and i go to any section of yahoo it says "hi <user>" just like it should be and is for all other users. But when i go to the page http://ymailupdates.com, it doesnt say "welcome <user>", unlike its for other people.

For me, your link goes to the Yahoo Blog, not the Yahoo Help page.
Here is what I see.
Please not that here is no "Hi Member" notation for me either.Yahoo_blog.jpg

Also, when I navigate to the Yahoo Help page, I am not greeted with "Hi Member", instead I have the option of selecting what I want help with, and option to log in to get that help.
Because I subscribe to an internet connection via AT&T (my telephone company), my version of Yahoo Mail and Help and Blog, etc. may be different from what you receive via your own subscription to the Internet and to Yahoo via your own ISP. Versions may be different and you will have to discuss any problems directly with your ISP or with your geographic version of Yahoo to get any specific answers to how your pages are being displayed.
Here is what I see:
Yahoo_Help_Directory.jpg

Note:

Venus_n,
You have more than one Topic Threads open at this time, including a second Thread in the Malware Removal Forum At Spybot - Safer-Networking Forums.
Having multiple Topic Threads open at the same time risks receiving conflicting information and instructions from helpers in the various Threads.

Until you have your Malware Removal Thread "resolved" at Safer-Networking Forums, it would be inappropriate for me or anyone else here at WTT to add any instructions or comment that could conflict with that work at Safer-Networking Forums.

Please complete the work you have in progress at Safer-Networking Forums.

Best Regards

#14 venus_n

venus_n

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

Ok i will wait for the new topic at the malware removal forum at safer-networking to get resolved.

Though both the things you mentioned, i.e. yahoohelp and yahoo blog, you had tried while you were logged out of Yahoo. What i had tried was when i was logged into Yahoo. I mean

When i am logged into Yahoo, then the http://ymailupdates.com/ page should say "hi member" (as it does for others), but its not doing that for me.
When i am logged into Yahoo, then the yahoohelp page should say "hi member". It does that for me, when i am logged into Yahoo.

#15 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Ok i will wait for the new topic at the malware removal forum at safer-networking to get resolved.

Though both the things you mentioned, i.e. yahoohelp and yahoo blog, you had tried while you were logged out of Yahoo. What i had tried was when i was logged into Yahoo. I mean

When i am logged into Yahoo, then the http://ymailupdates.com/ page should say "hi member" (as it does for others), but its not doing that for me.
When i am logged into Yahoo, then the yahoohelp page should say "hi member". It does that for me, when i am logged into Yahoo.

You are not correct in your above statement.

yes, I did first use your posted link.

But to confirm, I accessed those site links from my own Yahoo page when I was already logged in.

Best Regards