Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Query about song frequency!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

i have one query regarding the frequency of the song: On some song download site, I got two flavors of the same song: one labeled with 128 Kbps and other labeled with 320 Kbps I download both flavors but there was nothing different in hearing both the songs. Can anyone please let me know the difference between them? I can understand the technical difference (difference is in their sampled frequency) but I want to know the difference that is actually visible to any audience after hearing both the flavors of the same song?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

Well in very simple terms (I couldn't get specific if I wanted), it is the quality of the recording, 128 kbit/s is the standard most used for CD's, 320 kbit/s is very high quality, the difference this means to the end user is mostly negligible, so go for the 128 option as it will be a smaller file size therefore faster to download (assuming it's legal to do so), and will maximise what can fit on a disk if that is you're aim. But unless the end user has got some extremely high tech kit capable of handling the extra detail included with the 320 kbit/s version, you would rarely, if ever notice a difference in the sound, although those with a good musical ear "might" pick out bits from them, most would never know, not until they heard both versions played on kit capable of making the difference audible to the listener, hope that helps.

Braindead

#3 vijay.gupta

vijay.gupta

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Thanks 8210 guy...thats what i was also thinking but just wanted to confirm...