This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Bluetooth Components!

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Whenever I install or add a phone using bluettoth with my laptop, following components are getting installed: Bluetooth AV Remote Control Target Bluetooth Headset AG Bluetooth AV Source Bluetooth Remote Control Bluetooth Peripheral Device Standard Modem Over Bluetooth Link Bluetooth OPP Bluetooth Imaging Responder Bluetooth SyncML Bluetooth FTP Bluetooth Peripheral Device Bluetooth Peripheral Device Windows search for these components, it says "Obtaining Device Driver Software from Windows Update" 2 Queries: 1) what are these components and use of each component? 2) Why is it searching for these components in windows update?
As you have said, they are in relation to you're mobile phone(s), I couldn't give a break down of every single instance as these may vary dependant on the devoice connected, so the only true way you will find this info is to go through the phones manual, look in the index for mention of such a component, this will be you';re fastest way to get an answer, and it will be more comprehensive than I could be, but they can be anything from using the phone as a modem for the PC, to how it transfers files between the devices. The reason it's looking to windows update is because you do not have the drivers installed, for the elements to work they needs the drivers, the best way to sort that is to install the mobile phones\devices software, this will give the system all the drivers it needs, then as you connect a device the first time, it will set it up ready for use, that is all, hope it helps.
@ 8210 Guy If I say that my phone is nokia 5233, then can I get the information about each component? One reason for asking is because when I try to add Nokia 3110 classic to my laptop, it is added successfully whereas when I try to add Nokia 5233 to my laptop, some components are not getting find in Windows Update: Bluetooth Peripheral Device. I go to nokia website and try to find the driver for this component but could not find it. Can anyone please guide me where I could find it.
The 3310 is an old dct3 phone, I am guessing the 5233 is a BB5 phone (been a long time since I was up with phones), the differences between them are too vast to mention, it would be like comparing a manual typewriter to a computers word processor, assuming you have the drivers installed, then it may require the software for it to know about it, there are 2 suites to get for Nokia's, PC Suite, this ids the traditional software by them for using with they're phones.

But they are now making Ovi Suite the software to use, but currently it is lacking in a couple of areas, so you may need PC Suite for doing things like back up's, it is more thorough than Ovi, but both are free, another point to mention is that these new(ER) phones can connect with todays modern cars (and even printers), some cars have bluetooth built in, other cars have car kits, you can even have you're phone come through the car stereo, so it may be possible that some of the options you are seeing are also for outside the PC, not just PC alone, hope all this sheds some light for you.

http://www.nokia.co.in/find-products/products/5233 (Product page)
http://nds1.nokia.com/files/support/apac/p…AC_UG_in_en.pdf (User Guide)

As opposed from me writing about each part, here is a copy and paste from the guide (bottom of page 98 above) that covers this in a generalised paragraph:-

Bluetooth connectivity
About Bluetooth connectivity
With Bluetooth connectivity, you can make a wireless connection to other
compatible devices, such as mobile devices, computers, headsets, and car kits.
You can use the connection to send images, video and sound clips, and notes,
transfer files from your compatible PC, and print images with a compatible printer.
Since devices with Bluetooth wireless technology communicate using radio waves,
they do not need to be in direct line-of-sight. However, they must be within 10
metres (33 feet) of each other, although the connection may be subject to
interference from obstructions such as walls or from other electronic devices.
This device is compliant with Bluetooth Specification 2.0 + EDR supporting the
following profiles: advanced audio distribution, audio/video remote control, basic
imaging, device identification, dial-up networking, file transfer, generic audio/
video distribution, hands-free, headset, object push, phone book access, SIM access,
and stereo audio streaming. To ensure interoperability between other devices
supporting Bluetooth technology, use Nokia approved accessories for this model.
Check with the manufacturers of other devices to determine their compatibility with
this device.
Features using Bluetooth technology increase the demand on battery power and
reduce the battery life.
When the device is locked, only connections to authorised devices are possible.

@ 8210guy - i think you read it wrong…it is 3110 classic instead of 3310..also what is dc3 and bb5..is this the category of phones…can you please give me a link where i get the information about these categories? Also, when I try to add Nokia 5233 to my laptop, some components are not getting find in Windows Update: Bluetooth Peripheral Device. I go to nokia website and try to find the driver for this component but could not find it. Can anyone please guide me where I could find it.
Ah yes, sorry I thought you meant the old non colour phone, but the points I made are still generally valid, EVERY connection to the system will pick up the new hardware, and add it for use in the system, this is why you are finding such entries depending on what each device supports, but all entries are either to do with the system directly, or an attached device, even if it is removed from thew system most of the time, hope that helps.

The dct3\dct4\bb5 are types of network locking systems, and are basically what an unlocker needs too know before they can tell you how to make you're phone Sim free (unlocked to any network), newer phones are not always possible to unlock for a while, depending how long it takes them to understand the encryption used, Dejan is pretty much the daddy of this field, and you will finds his solutions all over the net and on mobile phone sites, but the really new phones can only be unlocked by paying the SP for the code currently, but this is forever changing.
Thanks 8210 guy!! I understood that these components vary with the hardware that is being conneected to the computer and there is no specific definition (only known to hardware manufacturer) for these as I was unknowingly looking for. However, there is one more query related to this: When I try to add Nokia 5233 to my laptop, Windows Update is unable to find some components: the name of the component is "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". I go to nokia website and try to find the driver for this component but could not find it. Can anyone please guide me where I could find it.
As Tomk says, often the software takes care of such requirements, but it is unlikely you will find a result on windows update, mainly as it is not a PC element, it is the phones element, and even if they did have it, it is the last place I would look to for a result, I always favour the makers own resolution over m$, but it sounds like it is trying to enable another feature supported by the connection. Assuming you have the correct (and latest) software installed (PC Suite\Ovi Suite), then check to see if you got a disk with the phone, if you did put it in you're optical drive, and cancel any windows coming from it, connect the phone to provoke that response again, then direct it too the disk and see if it can find what it needs from there, if that fails try the same again with the bluetooth disk (if you have such a disk), although unlikely to help it can't hurt to try if nothing else has helped,
Thanks 8210 guy and tomk for the reply but it was my fault that I did not clarify the stuff. I have Nokia 5233 which I can connect through both Nokia PC Suite and Nokia Ovi Suite. However, when do not have any of them installed and then I try to connect this phone to my laptop using bluetooth, then the issue described in this topic is happening. What appears confusing to me is that I am able to connect Nokia 5233 using PC Suite/Ovi Suite and also I am able to connect Nokia 3110 Classic using all things, that is PC Suite/Ovi Suite/Bluetooth Technology? When I am able to connect Nokia 3110 Classic using bluetooth to the same laptop, then where is the problem coming from when I try to connect Nokia 5233 to the same laptop using bluetooth?
Sorry I don't follow, have you got, and tried the phones own disk as described above ? Failing that, my best suggestion currently is to uninstall the problem device, then install it again, it may be it's settings have been upset, and doing this may reset them, see if this helps.
I have uploaded the movies that will show you the detailed step by step procedure that I am doing to connect these mobiles:

For Nokia 3110 Classic link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKtKSTck8pM

For Nokia 5233, link is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wzj-ZCz6hE

Please notice that Peripheral drivers are not installed in case of Nokia 5233 due to which I am not getting connect option on Networks and Devices window after selecting the Nokia 5233 whereas I am getting this option in the case of Nokia 3110 Classic.

Please help me in this issue.

I have not attached these videos as size of these videos is more than 500 K.
Sorry for a slow reply, I have been dealing with the father in laws estate now the solicitor has told us what to do next.

Now the issue appears to be a bluetooth one, not a phone one, not directly, perhaps the initial install did not go smoothly for some reason, but you should not need to install it every time you connect, not unless you only did that to demonstrate the issue, you only need do it the once, then it will automatically pick it up and set it accordingly each time you connect the phone.

Do you have drivers for your bluetooth attached to the PC, either via dongle or built into the system ?
What I suggest is to completely uninstall the bluetooth from the system, I suggest using Revo to do this (remove the dongle first if it isn't built in), and remove ALL entries it finds once the uninstall is complete, do the same again for the phones if they appear as an uninstall-able option, and again with ALL Nokia software, then run junk file cleaners, reboot, check you're programs folder for any signs of bluetooth, or phone\Nokia stuff, delete any you find, even if it's just an empty folder, there are further hidden locations as well, but we will see what this does first, run the cleaners again, then reinstall the bluetooth.

When you reboot do NOT install the drivers or connect the dongle (assuming it's not built in) or phone etc, disable\pause\exit ALL real time protection you may be running (eg anti virus etc) as they can mess up installs at times, now it looks like you're using Win7, like Vista it has UAC control, so when you are ready to reinstall the drivers, do NOT connect ANY devices yet, start with the bluetooth, then repeat with the Nokia software (do not connect the phone(s) until it asks for them) after, then right click on the drivers install file, and select "Run as Admin" and accept any permissions.

Now when you connect the phone(s) when the software tells you to (I suggest connecting the problem phone 1st), it should automatically install ALL the drivers then, "IF" for some reason is still wont install that item, tell it search the bluetooth disk\install files for what it needs.
If the drivers are not on a disk, create an empty folder on you're desktop (for ease of finding), put the driver file in the same folder, then right click on that files and select "Extract Here" and it will extract all the files, of course this assumes you have compression software installed, 7-Zip is free and very good, and certainly supports this action, then tell it search that folder for the driver, see if that sorts it.

There may be a point at the tail end of the install where it asks you what activities you want to allow with that device, it does with mine anyway, make sure you enable the items you want to work with this if it happens, with mine I normally check everything bar printing and modem, but in you're case you will want modem, but if you see an item you don't recognise, eg Obex Transfer or similar, a quick google search of that phrase should tell you what it is for, once completed that should be all done, you will not need to do it each time you connect the phone, the system will remember and set it up appropriately.

Next pair the phone(s) with the PC, you should be able to initiate this by right clicking on the bluetooth icon near the clock, and selecting "Pair Devices" or similar, click on that and follow the instructions (then repeat for the other phone), once paired set them as "Authorised" so connections are automatic in the future with no need to pair every time you connect.

Go into the phones settings, then find you're PC, highlight it, select "Options" then "Set as Authorised" to enable auto connections in future, now doing this with the PC is not as easy sometimes, if you are lucky when you send a file from the phone to the PC, it may bring up a dialogue box notifying of a pending connection, if you get this, look to the bottom left corner, and there should be a check box saying "Set as Authorised" or similar, check that and ALL future connections between phone and system will be hassle free.

I have had set up's where I get no such notification, I have to bring up such a dialogue by clicking on the bluetooth icon while trying to send a file to the PC, then I can do this, but the point is once done on both phones and PC, you will never need to repeat it again, not unless you add a new device, or reinstall, hopefully if ALL this goes well, something here will work, if not I will have to think again, so fingers crossed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI