This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Some random trojan

132 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Breaker934

My machine is running good to my knowledge thank you!

Thats what we like to hear :)

It's 3 threats found in a Symantec folder? They're quarantined

Just to clarify, do you mean quarantined by Kaspersky or quarantined by Norton?

Did you run the Norton removal tool I provided?

Quarantined files cannot cause any harm to your system.


If you no longer use Symantec (Norton) products, and have already ran the Norton removal tool, navigate to and deleting the following folder:


C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec <==== delete this folder.


Once you have delete the folder, empty your Recycle Bin (important).

Update your definitions then run another scan with your onboard security. If anything is detected, please post the log in your next reply :)
Hello it said, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec can't be found. I updated and scanned my system, but I don't know how to create a log out of it. =/
Hello Breaker934

I updated and scanned my system, but I don't know how to create a log out of it.

Was anything detected? If not then there is no need to post it up.

As it has been a few days since we last "spoke", if your machine is running well then I think we ought to be almost done. As a double check it would do no harm to run ESET again - give it a go and let me know if there are any detections. If not, we'll remove the tools we used then get you updated and on your way :)
Due to inactivity, this topic has been closed. If you are the topic starter and need this topic reopened, please PM a staff member (include the address of this thread in your request). Everyone else please start a new topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI