This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Weird Problem, Cant even boot the computer

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey Guys, Ok, so my other computer just stopped booting. Right now, when I turn the computer on, it pops up the screen like window had crashed and it gives me options to log on safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc. When I do any of the 3 safe mode options, it reboots the computer again and brings me back to same menu. When I do boot normally, it just freezes the computer and the countdown. When I do the *Last Good configuration* option, the screen turns blank and it hangs up there. I tried to put my operating system cd and rebooted with it. Tried to repair windows with it, it did its repairing thing, and when I booted without cd, its back to same old menu. I did not do a fresh install of windows cuz I have a lot of important stuff on the laptop and dont want to lose data if possible. Suggestions or what other info I can post to get someone to help me ? Thanks in advance. Parth
what type of computer is it? desktop? laptop? what is the operating system? what happened prior to this happening? what were you doing? were there signs of infection? what antivirus are you running? did you get any alerts from your AV? Have there been any signs of impending system failure prior to this happening? give as much detail as possible
Hey Cat, Thanks for replying. Here are the answers to your questions. Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop Windows XP Media Center Edition(pretty sure it should have SP3), I cant find out since I cant turn it on. My wife was using the computer and there was a blue screen crash, which she said, she turned off computer since it had blue screen and was frozen. I think she was just surfing the web, watching some movie or something. There were no signs of infections. I use Kaspersky Internet Security. And there had been no blue screen freezes or anything before. Ok, While waiting for someones reply, I did do few things yesterday and noticed few things. I did find my boot disk or to reinstall windows xp disk I suppose. I tried the auto repair thing they have on it, but it would just freeze. Then I went into the manual repair option and it brought me to DOS prompt. I tried to do Chkdsk /r and it would go upto like 75% and then go back to 50%. It did that for a while and then it did finally finish chkdsk. Tried to reboot the computer and was back to same screen with safe mode and options like that. And chkdsk didnt help at all. Another note is that, when I try to start in safe mode, it always reboots when it gets to TDI.SYS. Does same thing for all 3 options of Safe mode, ie. with networking or just command prompt and regular safe mode. I think thats all I tried.
Try this please. You will need a USB drive and a CD.

Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computer
  • Run GETxPUD.exe
  • A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.
  • Do a quick format of the USB
  • Next download driver.sh to your USB drive
  • Remove the USB and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer with the CD you just burned
  • The computer must be set to boot from the CD
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Click on File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1 or 2…which usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Expand your USB (sdb1)
  • Confirm that you see driver.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top menu bar
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh
  • Press Enter
  • If successful, the script will check all your drivers
  • After it has finished a report will be located in the USB drive as report.txt

Attach the report.txt for my review


NEXT

while you still have the USB in the computer do this - we need to locate some files:

  • Press Tool on the top menu bar
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh -f
  • Press Enter
  • You will be prompted to input a filename.
  • Type the following:

    winlogon.exe

  • Press Enter
  • the script will search for this file.
  • After it has finished a report will be automatically saved to the USB drive as filefind.txt
  • locate this file and right click it > choose rename > rename it to winlogon.txt

    now we will do the same for explorer.exe

  • go back to Tool > open terminal
  • Type bash driver.sh -f
  • Press Enter
  • You will be prompted to input a filename.
  • Type the following:

    explorer.exe

  • Press Enter
  • repeat the rename procedure > locate filefind.txt > right click it > rename > rename it explorer.txt



Please note - all text entries are case sensitive

Please advise if anything is unclear or you encounter any issues

we need to rename filefind.txt each time as the report is overwritten each time we do a search,


please remove the USB to the clean computer (no need to log off or close xpud > just pull out the USB)> locate the three files report.txt, explorer.txt and winlogon.txt and post them in your next reply
Cat, I am in the XPUD menu. I clicked on File and went into MNT. This is what I got there : SDA1 = There is a dell folder in there and bunch of .mdm files and some .bat and stuff. SDA2 =This is my HD, I can see program files, and other folders and stuff. SDA3 = folders named bat, bin, img, src1, src2, src3, src4, src5. Files named autoexec.bat, command.com, config.sys, io.sys and msdos.sys (Guessing this is my CD rom). I dont see any SDB1. Those are the only 3 SDs under MNT. Suggestions ? And yes my USB drive is connected. I even had a option called *Boot from USB drive*, which kinda tells me that the computer did recognize the USB drive. SO I am confused again >< Parth
Here are the files: Report.txt Driver report for /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/system32/drivers 3c4b9850a2631c2263507400d029057b atksgt.sys has NO Company Name! 4127e8b6ddb4090e815c1f8852c277d3 lirsgt.sys has NO Company Name! c1536905ad2067812a238bce998f4bff 1394bus.sys Microsoft Corporation 9859c0f6936e723e4892d7141b1327d5 acpiec.sys Microsoft Corporation 8fd99680a539792a30e97944fdaecf17 acpi.sys Microsoft Corporation 9a11864873da202c996558b2106b0bbc adpu160m.sys Microsoft Corporation 8bed39e3c35d6a489438b8141717a557 aec.sys Microsoft Corporation 076394a345ee5e9e3911fc0f058f4f38 AegisP.sys rn`VS_VERSION_INFO?bStringFileInfoBb!CompanyNameMeetinghouseDataCommunications`FileDescriptionIEEE.XProtocolDriverbFileVersion…vInternalNameAegisP.sysLeg alCopyrightCopyright©MeetinghouseDataCommunications->vOriginalFilenameAegisP.sysJProductNameAEGISClient…bProductVersion…DVarFi leInfo$Translationt 7e775010ef291da96ad17ca4b17137d7 afd.sys Microsoft Corporation 08fd04aa961bdc77fb983f328334e3d7 agp440.sys Microsoft Corporation 03a7e0922acfe1b07d5db2eeb0773063 agpcpq.sys Microsoft Corporation c23ea9b5f46c7f7910db3eab648ff013 aha154x.sys Microsoft Corporation 19dd0fb48b0c18892f70e2e7d61a1529 aic78u2.sys Microsoft Corporation b7fe594a7468aa0132deb03fb8e34326 aic78xx.sys Microsoft Corporation 1140ab9938809700b46bb88e46d72a96 aliide.sys Acer Laboratories cb08aed0de2dd889a8a820cd8082d83c alim1541.sys Microsoft Corporation 95b4fb835e28aa1336ceeb07fd5b9398 amdagp.sys Advanced Micro Devices d7701d7e72243286cc88c9973d891057 amdk6.sys Microsoft Corporation 8fce268cdbdd83b23419d1f35f42c7b1 amdk7.sys Microsoft Corporation 79f5add8d24bd6893f2903a3e2f3fad6 amsint.sys Microsoft Corporation aeb775a2bae0f392ba6adc0bb706233a Apfiltr.sys Alps Electric b5b8a80875c1dededa8b02765642c32f arp1394.sys Microsoft Corporation 69eb0cc7714b32896ccbfd5edcbea447 asc3350p.sys Microsoft Corporation 5d8de112aa0254b907861e9e9c31d597 asc3550.sys Advanced System Products 62d318e9a0c8fc9b780008e724283707 asc.sys Advanced System Products d880831279ed91f9a4190a2db9539ea9 asctrm.sys Windows DDK provider b153affac761e7f5fcfa822b9c4e97bc asyncmac.sys Microsoft Corporation 9f3a2f5aa6875c72bf062c712cfa2674 atapi.sys Microsoft Corporation d649c57da6fa762c64013747e5d7d2d6 ati1btxx.sys ATI Technologies 60b6aa2dc1521da343f781b70eb7895a ati1mdxx.sys ATI Technologies 6fdc61e8e8e17f6ecc2d9a10fa8df347 ati1pdxx.sys ATI Technologies 9d318099bf3876a4af4bc75966d27603 ati1raxx.sys ATI Technologies bcaf267b10620f8c93f6e87ab726e145 ati1rvxx.sys ATI Technologies dac7d785cf62f5bd41441e9d6f5a6efe ati1snxx.sys ATI Technologies f7706dae7d101f1b19ce552d772ebfce ati1ttxx.sys ATI Technologies 6f714b4720dd80ffa9f8d2731594ea4c ati1tuxx.sys ATI Technologies 67ffbc158dd4d27ba3fc92c6acd87f73 ati1xbxx.sys ATI Technologies 0d8cab1f08f7d3c4de228b49e12e596a ati1xsxx.sys ATI Technologies 2d030c2f6b036ca0bc243e1b16d924d1 ati2mtaa.sys ATI Technologies 03621f7f968ff63713943405deb777f9 ati2mtag.sys ATI Technologies 993e7bd6438fe989e328c6b4bca246a9 atinbtxx.sys ATI Technologies ed4c2bf8403f4437987c0ba09cf48716 atinmdxx.sys ATI Technologies e90ac2b14e98f1a4372e5891b4278784 atinpdxx.sys ATI Technologies da36687d701c833430605a298731410b atinraxx.sys ATI Technologies a7a01b907db63898d40b0a14248ff9a2 atinrvxx.sys ATI Technologies ceddee2e0591894d19654d458fd3b9be atinsnxx.sys ATI Technologies d80a8f6c0a717446496c3a06d33b0d9c atinttxx.sys ATI Technologies edd66332608d27f4fd5069bcd0bc5164 atintuxx.sys ATI Technologies 3e7d485cbd0b0d9f6ea2ad9442411831 atinxbxx.sys ATI Technologies 77b575d7aab35d5908ae6ce681608d62 atinxsxx.sys ATI Technologies 3c4b9850a2631c2263507400d029057b atksgt.sys 9916c1225104ba14794209cfa8012159 atmarpc.sys Microsoft Corporation 39a0a59180f19946374275745b21aeba atmepvc.sys Microsoft Corporation ae76348a2605fb197fa8ff1d6f547836 atmlane.sys Microsoft Corporation e7ef69b38d17ba01f914ae8f66216a38 atmuni.sys Microsoft Corporation d9f724aa26c010a217c97606b160ed68 audstub.sys Microsoft Corporation 0d93976f7801b7fcd8135cc77257bbd0 battc.sys Microsoft Corporation 78123f44be9e4768852a3a017e02d637 bcm4sbxp.sys Broadcom Corporation da1f27d85e0d1525f6621372e7b685e9 beep.sys Microsoft Corporation f934d1b230f84e1d19dd00ac5a7a83ed bridge.sys Microsoft Corporation b279426e3c0c344893ed78a613a73bde bthenum.sys Microsoft Corporation fca6f069597b62d42495191ace3fc6c1 bthmodem.sys Microsoft Corporation 80602b8746d3738f5886ce3d67ef06b6 bthpan.sys Microsoft Corporation 662bfd909447dd9cc15b1a1c366583b4 bthport.sys Microsoft Corporation bb68cebffd181e18a26112d1b9f90f3d bthprint.sys Microsoft Corporation 61364cd71ef63b0f038b7e9df00f1efa bthusb.sys Microsoft Corporation 90a673fc8e12a79afbed2576f6a7aaf9 cbidf2k.sys Microsoft Corporation f3ec03299634490e97bbce94cd2954c7 cd20xrnt.sys Microsoft Corporation c1b486a7658353d33a10cc15211a873b cdaudio.sys Microsoft Corporation c885b02847f5d2fd45a24e219ed93b32 cdfs.sys Microsoft Corporation bf79e659c506674c0497cc9c61f1a165 cdr4_xp.sys Sonic Solutions 2c41cd49d82d5fd85c72d57b6ca25471 cdralw2k.sys Sonic Solutions 1f4260cc5b42272d71f79e570a27a4fe cdrom.sys Microsoft Corporation b562592b7f5759c99e179ca467ecfb4c cinemst2.sys Ravisent Technologies fe47dd8fe6d7768ff94ebec6c74b2719 classpnp.sys Microsoft Corporation 0f6c187d38d98f8df904589a5f94d411 cmbatt.sys Microsoft Corporation e5dcb56c533014ecbc556a8357c929d5 cmdide.sys CMD Technology 6e4c9f21f0fae8940661144f41b13203 compbatt.sys Microsoft Corporation 3ee529119eed34cd212a215e8c40d4b6 cpqarray.sys Microsoft Corporation 9624293e55ad405415862b504ca95b73 cpqdap01.sys Compaq Computer Corp f50d9bdbb25cce075e514dc07472a22f crusoe.sys Microsoft Corporation e550e7418984b65a78299d248f0a7f36 dac2w2k.sys Mylex Corporation 683789caa3864eb46125ae86ff677d34 dac960nt.sys Microsoft Corporation e65e2353a5d74ea89971cb918eeeb2f6 diskdump.sys Microsoft Corporation 044452051f3e02e7963599fc8f4f3e25 disk.sys Microsoft Corporation d992fe1274bde0f84ad826acae022a41 dmboot.sys Microsoft Corp 7c824cf7bbde77d95c08005717a95f6f dmio.sys Microsoft Corp e9317282a63ca4d188c0df5e09c6ac5f dmload.sys Microsoft Corp 8a208dfcf89792a484e76c40e5f50b45 dmusic.sys Microsoft Corporation 40f3b93b4e5b0126f2f5c0a7a5e22660 dpti2o.sys Microsoft Corporation 8f5fcff8e8848afac920905fbd9d33c8 drmkaud.sys Microsoft Corporation 6cb08593487f5701d2d2254e693eafce drmk.sys Microsoft Corporation fe97d0343acfdebdd578fc67cc91fa87 dxapi.sys Microsoft Corporation ac7280566a7bb85cb3291f04ddc1198e dxg.sys Microsoft Corporation a73f5d6705b1d820c19b18782e176efd dxgthk.sys Microsoft Corporation 3fca03cbca11269f973b70fa483c88ef e100b325.sys Intel Corporation 80d1b490b60e74e002dc116ec5d41748 enum1394.sys Microsoft Corporation 38d332a6d56af32635675f132548343e fastfat.sys Microsoft Corporation 92cdd60b6730b9f50f6a1a0c1f8cdc81 fdc.sys Microsoft Corporation d45926117eb9fa946a6af572fbe1caa3 fips.sys Microsoft Corporation 9d27e7b80bfcdf1cdd9b555862d5e7f0 flpydisk.sys Microsoft Corporation b2cf4b0786f8212cb92ed2b50c6db6b0 fltmgr.sys Microsoft Corporation 3e1e2bd4f39b0e2b7dc4f4d2bcc2779a fs_rec.sys Microsoft Corporation 455f778ee14368468560bd7cb8c854d0 fsvga.sys Microsoft Corporation 6ac26732762483366c3969c9e4d2259d ftdisk.sys Microsoft Corporation 3a74c423cf6bcca6982715878f450a3b gagp30kx.sys Microsoft Corporation 4ac51459805264affd5f6fdfb9d9235f GEARAspiWDM.sys GEAR Software e7e5c7ff1694a7a1baea7b9cd26a9d22 gmer.sys tH`VS_VERSION_INFObb?baNStringFileInfo*B*CompanyNameGMERhFileDescriptionGMERDriverhttp://www.gmer.net>FileVersion,,,tInternalNamegmer.sys^LegalCopyrightCopyright©GMER-:tOriginalFilenamegmer.sys*ProductNameGMERBProductVersion,,,DVarFileInfo$Translationt 573c7d0a32852b48f3058cfd8026f511 hdaudbus.sys Windows Server DDK provider 7bd2de4c85eb4241eed57672b16a7d8d hidbth.sys Microsoft Corporation 1af592532532a402ed7c060f6954004f hidclass.sys Microsoft Corporation bb1a6fb7d35a91e599973fa74a619056 hidir.sys Microsoft Corporation 96eccf28fdbf1b2cc12725818a63628d hidparse.sys Microsoft Corporation ccf82c5ec8a7326c3066de870c06daf1 hidusb.sys Microsoft Corporation b028377dea0546a5fcfba928a8aefae0 hpn.sys Microsoft Corporation 9f1d80908658eb7f1bf70809e0b51470 HPZid412.sys HP f7e3e9d50f9cd3de28085a8fdaa0a1c3 HPZipr12.sys HP cf1b7951b4ec8d13f3c93b74bb2b461b HPZius12.sys HP 970178e8e003eb1481293830069624b9 hsfbs2s2.sys Conexant 2dc7c0b6175a0a8ed84a4f70199c93b5 HSF_CNXT.sys Conexant 1225ebea76aac3c84df6c54fe5e5d8be hsfcxts2.sys Conexant ebb354438a4c5a3327fb97306260714a hsfdpsp2.sys Conexant b2dfc168d6f7512faea085253c5a37ad HSF_DP.sys Conexant 140ba850417896b6b3322048de280368 HSFHWICH.sys Conexant f6aacf5bce2893e0c1754afeb672e5c9 http.sys Microsoft Corporation 9368670bd426ebea5e8b18a62416ec28 i2omgmt.sys Microsoft Corporation f10863bf1ccc290babd1a09188ae49e0 i2omp.sys Microsoft Corporation 4a0b06aa8943c1e332520f7440c0aa30 i8042prt.sys Microsoft Corporation 083a052659f5310dd8b6a6cb05edcf8e imapi.sys Microsoft Corporation 4a40e045faee58631fd8d91afc620719 ini910u.sys Microsoft Corporation b5466a9250342a7aa0cd1fba13420678 intelide.sys Microsoft Corporation 8c953733d8f36eb2133f5bb58808b66b intelppm.sys Microsoft Corporation 3bb22519a194418d5fec05d800a19ad0 ip6fw.sys Microsoft Corporation 731f22ba402ee4b62748adaf6363c182 ipfltdrv.sys Microsoft Corporation b87ab476dcf76e72010632b5550955f5 ipinip.sys Microsoft Corporation cc748ea12c6effde940ee98098bf96bb ipnat.sys Microsoft Corporation 23c74d75e36e7158768dd63d92789a91 ipsec.sys Microsoft Corporation b43b36b382aea10861f7c7a37f9d4ae2 irbus.sys Microsoft Corporation c93c9ff7b04d772627a3646d89f7bf89 irenum.sys Microsoft Corporation 05a299ec56e52649b1cf2fc52d20f2d7 isapnp.sys Microsoft Corporation 872d090ca5c306f62d1982bce6302376 iwca.sys Intel Corporation 463c1ec80cd17420a542b7f36a36f128 kbdclass.sys Microsoft Corporation cd6a8fa9395460ffe7fd8881a6c67254 kl1.sys H`QVS_VERSION_INFO#?bStringFileInfoBvOriginalFilenameSERPL.SYSh$ProductNameProlificUSB-to-SerialBridgeCablebProductVersion…DVarFileInfo$Translationt 0f29512ccd6bead730039fb4bd2c85ce serenum.sys Microsoft Corporation cca207a8896d4c6a0c9ce29a4ae411a7 serial.sys Microsoft Corporation 0fa803c64df0914b41f807ea276bf2a6 sffdisk.sys Microsoft Corporation d66d22d76878bf3483a6be30183fb648 sffp_mmc.sys Microsoft Corporation c17c331e435ed8737525c86a7557b3ac sffp_sd.sys Microsoft Corporation 8e6b8c671615d126fdc553d1e2de5562 sfloppy.sys Microsoft Corporation 6b33d0ebd30db32e27d1d78fe946a754 sisagp.sys Silicon Integrated Systems d9673011648a71ed1e1f77b831bc85e6 slnt7554.sys Smart Link 2c1779c0feb1f4a6033600305eba623a slntamr.sys Smart Link f9b8e30e82ee95cf3e1d3e495599b99c slnthal.sys Smart Link db56bb2c55723815cf549d7fc50cfceb slwdmsup.sys Smart Link 895be38a993b9bd5abbe570d63d88a2e smbali.sys Microsoft Corporation 017daecf0ed3aa731313433601ec40fa smclib.sys Microsoft Corporation 489703624dac94ed943c2abda022a1cd sonydcam.sys Microsoft Corporation 83c0f71f86d3bdaf915685f3d568b20e sparrow.sys Adaptec ab8b92451ecb048a4d1de7c3ffcb4a9f splitter.sys Microsoft Corporation 4f576e516cc76ec50a244586bcfa1c78 sptd.sys Duplex Secure 76bb022c2fb6902fd5bdd4f78fc13a5d sr.sys Microsoft Corporation 3bb03f2ba89d2be417206c373d2af17c srv.sys Microsoft Corporation 25068674e358fd74bfa612f175c6721b STAC97.sys SigmaTel 1c9ee2c640b6f899cc3d84bcd1ea526f StMp3Rec.sys tHVS_VERSION_INFO'?tStringFileInfobCommentsbCompanyNameGenericdFileDescriptionGenericMPPlayerUSBDri ver>FileVersion,,,:rInternalNameStMpRec.sysNLegalCopyrightAllrightsreserved.(Lega lTrademarksBrOriginalFilenameStMpRec.sysPrivateBuildFProductNameGenericMPPlayerBP roductVersion,,,SpecialBuildDVarFileInfo$Translationtdhlp 3e5d89099ded9e86e5639f411693218f stream.sys Microsoft Corporation 3941d127aef12e93addf6fe6ee027e0f swenum.sys Microsoft Corporation 8ce882bcc6cf8a62f2b2323d95cb3d01 swmidi.sys Microsoft Corporation 1ff3217614018630d0a6758630fc698c symc810.sys Symbios Logic 070e001d95cf725186ef8b20335f933c symc8xx.sys LSI Logic 80ac1c4abbe2df3b738bf15517a51f2c sym_hi.sys LSI Logic bf4fab949a382a8e105f46ebb4937058 sym_u3.sys LSI Logic 8b83f3ed0f1688b4958f77cd6d2bf290 sysaudio.sys Microsoft Corporation fd6093e3decd925f1cffc8a0dd539d72 tape.sys Microsoft Corporation fb9f32acc1d3ad523f7ec900b66fc1bb tcpip6.sys Microsoft Corporation 9aefa14bd6b182d61e3119fa5f436d3d tcpip.sys Microsoft Corporation 0539d5e53587f82d1b4fd74c5be205cf tdi.sys Microsoft Corporation 6471a66807f5e104e4885f5b67349397 tdpipe.sys Microsoft Corporation c56b6d0402371cf3700eb322ef3aaf61 tdtcp.sys Microsoft Corporation 88155247177638048422893737429d9e termdd.sys Microsoft Corporation 4dc436421c9d745d7e8c37f956701c78 tmcomm.sys tH@@VS_VERSION_INFO?(bStringFileInfozbCommentsBCompanyNameTrendMicroInc.ZFileDescriptionTrendMicroCo mmonModulevFileVersion…vInternalNameTmComm.sysGLegalCopyrightCopyright©-TrendMicroIncorporated.Allrightsreserved.fLegalTrademarksCopyright©TrendMicroInc.>vOriginalFilenameTmComm.sysNPrivateBuildBuild-//bProductNameActiveClean,ProductVersion.*SpecialBuildDVarFileInfo$Translationt 699450901c5ccfd82357cbc531cedd23 tosdvd.sys Microsoft Corporation f2790f6af01321b172aa62f8e1e187d9 toside.sys Microsoft Corporation d74a8ec75305f1d3cfde7c7fc1bd62a9 tsbvcap.sys Toshiba Corp 8f861eda21c05857eb8197300a92501c tunmp.sys Microsoft Corporation d85938f272d1bcf3db3a31fc0a048928 uagp35.sys Microsoft Corporation 5787b80c2e3c5e2f56c2a233d91fa2c9 udfs.sys Microsoft Corporation 1b698a51cd528d8da4ffaed66dfc51b9 ultra.sys Promise Technology Promise Technology Promise Technology Promise Technology Promise Technology 402ddc88356b1bac0ee3dd1580c76a31 update.sys Microsoft Corporation bee793d4a059caea55d6ac20e19b3a8f usb8023.sys Microsoft Corporation b6cc50279d6cd28e090a5d33244adc9a usb8023x.sys Microsoft Corporation ce97845d2e3f0d274b8bac1ed07c6149 usbcamd2.sys Microsoft Corporation 1c1a47b40c23358245aa8d0443b6935e usbcamd.sys Microsoft Corporation 173f317ce0db8e21322e71b7e60a27e8 usbccgp.sys Microsoft Corporation 596eb39b50d6ebd9b734dc4ae0544693 usbd.sys Microsoft Corporation 65dcf09d0e37d4c6b11b5b0b76d470a7 usbehci.sys Microsoft Corporation 1ab3cdde553b6e064d2e754efe20285c usbhub.sys Microsoft Corporation 290913dc4f1125e5a82de52579a44c43 usbintel.sys Microsoft Corporation 791912e524cc2cc6f50b5f2b52d1eb71 usbport.sys Microsoft Corporation a717c8721046828520c9edf31288fc00 usbprint.sys Microsoft Corporation a0b8cf9deb1184fbdd20784a58fa75d4 usbscan.sys Microsoft Corporation a32426d9b14a089eaa1d922e0c5801a9 usbstor.sys Microsoft Corporation 26496f9dee2d787fc3e61ad54821ffe6 usbuhci.sys Microsoft Corporation 63bbfca7f390f4c49ed4b96bfb1633e0 usbvideo.sys Microsoft Corporation 55e01061c74a8cefff58dc36114a8d3f vdmindvd.sys Ravisent Technologies 0d3a8fafceacd8b7625cd549757a7df1 vga.sys Microsoft Corporation 754292ce5848b3738281b4f3607eaef4 viaagp.sys Microsoft Corporation 3b3efcda263b8ac14fdf9cbdd0791b2e viaide.sys Microsoft Corporation e28726b72c46821a28830e077d39a55b videoprt.sys Microsoft Corporation 4c8fcb5cc53aab716d810740fe59d025 volsnap.sys Microsoft Corporation f0f902220910c4fbe42a51964bd33599 w29n51.sys Intel Corporation aced8c149b30f8496c237bcba3727b48 wacompen.sys Microsoft Corporation 0308aef61941e4af478fa1a0f83812f5 wadv07nt.sys Intel Corporation 714038a8aa5de08e12062202cd7eaeb5 wadv08nt.sys Intel Corporation 7bb3aa595e4507a788de1cdc63f4c8c4 wadv09nt.sys Intel Corporation 36e6c405b6143d09687f4056fd9a0d10 wadv11nt.sys Intel Corporation e20b95baedb550f32dd489265c1da1f6 wanarp.sys Microsoft Corporation 352fa0e98bc461ce1ce5d41f64db558d watv06nt.sys Intel Corporation 791cc45de6e50445be72e8ad6401ff45 watv10nt.sys Intel Corporation 6768acf64b18196494413695f0c3a00f wdmaud.sys Microsoft Corporation 2f31b7f954bed437f2c75026c65caf7b wmilib.sys Microsoft Corporation cf4def1bf66f06964dc0d91844239104 wpdusb.sys Microsoft Corporation 6abe6e225adb5a751622a9cc3bc19ce8 ws2ifsl.sys Microsoft Corporation f15feafffbb3644ccc80c5da584e6311 WudfPf.sys Microsoft Corporation 28b524262bce6de1f7ef9f510ba3985b WudfRd.sys Microsoft Corporation winlogon.txt Search results for winlogon.exe 01c3346c241652f43aed8e2149881bfe /mnt/sda2/i386/winlogon.exe 490.5K Aug 10 2004 ed0ef0a136dec83df69f04118870003e /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/system32/winlogon.exe 496.0K Apr 14 2008 ed0ef0a136dec83df69f04118870003e /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/ServicePackFiles/i386/winlogon.exe 496.0K Apr 14 2008 01c3346c241652f43aed8e2149881bfe /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/$NtServicePackUninstall$/winlogon.exe 490.5K Aug 10 2004 explorer.txt Search results for explorer.exe 12896823fb95bfb3dc9b46bcaedc9923 /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/ServicePackFiles/i386/explorer.exe 1009.5K Apr 14 2008 7712df0cdde3a5ac89843e61cd5b3658 /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/$hf_mig$/KB938828/SP2QFE/explorer.exe 1009.0K Jun 13 2007 12896823fb95bfb3dc9b46bcaedc9923 /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/explorer.exe 1009.5K Apr 14 2008 a0732187050030ae399b241436565e64 /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/$NtUninstallKB938828$/explorer.exe 1008.0K Aug 10 2004 97bd6515465659ff8f3b7be375b2ea87 /mnt/sda2/WINDOWS/$NtServicePackUninstall$/explorer.exe 1009.0K Jun 13 2007
Hi

Nothing in those logs that would give an indication of why it's not booting,

lets look for a restore point

please do the following:

Download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/rst.sh to the USB drive
  • Boot the Sick computer into XPUD again
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • Expand your USB (sdb1)
  • Confirm that you see rst.sh that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool at the top
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash rst.sh
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located at sdb1 named enum.log
  • Plug that USB back into the clean computer and open it


Copy and paste the enum.log for my review
Hmm, Is it possible for enum.log to be completely empty ? Or I did something wrong ? *Edit Ok, I reformatted the USB drive, and got the rst.sh file again. I put the usb on computer, saw rst.sh and did the bash thing. I when I look under sdb1, I can see enum.log. But when I put the USB drive in my clean computer, there is no enum.log ? I guess maybe cuz its empty ? I tried to reformat and did it coupel times, it does the same thing >< Dunno what to do next.
I think that probably means there are no restore points available to restore to. There were no Malware drivers present, so I'm not sure why it's not booting at the moment. The fact you can't run the repair installation might be an indication of hard drive failure. AT this point, your best option would be to retrieve what you can as far as important documents on your system while in XPUD and copy them to the USB, then try a reformat / reinstall, if you are unable to reformat, then it's time for a new harddrive.
Hey Cat, Had some other questions. I did reformat the computer and windows was just done installing. After the inputting different users screen, it showed me the loading screen and stuff. Now, it had a red / orange / white blinking screen that says Installing Applications Do not press any keys while the installation is in progress. Please wait upto 30 mins for the installation to complete. Behind this weird window, there is another cmd window open which is running… c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe Also, when the computer reboots, it shows me 2 options of OS to pick from, both of them showing windows media center edition. I had removed all the partitions and did a complete format. Any suggestions ?
I'm really sorry, I'm not the person to ask, it must be machine specific, I've not installed the Media Center edition myself either, I suggest asking in our hardware forum for assistance from the techs. I'm sure they will have answers for you. Let me know how it goes.
Hmm, It seems like it had something to do with Dell CD. Cuz I was installing from a Dell Back up CD I guess. Still wondering why it shows me 2x Windows Media Center to pick from when I restart the computer. Will try to figure it out. Thanks for the reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI