This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

google redirect help

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

For 3 days now my google search results links redirect me to shopping links etc. I have malwarebytes up to date- nothing found- i tried ccleaner, avast and my windows updates are up to date. I ran hijackthis and can post the results. last night I tried Hitman pro 3?(dont remember the excact name because after the restore that program disappeared too- and it found 2 things- but when i rebooted all i could get to was teh black windows xp screen- did a safe mode restore to friday. so back to square one with a google redirect problem. sometimes though when i click a link it closes IE, sometimes it opens a few windows, etc.
I found the sticky above on how to fix this after i posted- but i followed the directions in the sticky and it was a breeze and shes all fixed. thank you so much.
Hi, Glad to hear your problem has been resolved. If you need further assistance please feel free to create a new topic. Thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI