This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Monitor Problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Let me start by saying I turned off my computer last night with it all working fine. I turned it on this morning and it was no good =( . So the problem I have is the screen only stays active for about 5 secs then dims like 98%. When I turn off and on my monitor I have screen for 5 secs before it goes almost completely black. I can barely make out the outlines of the windows I had open. The power light stays green and does NOT go orange like it would if it wasn't receiving a signal.I have tried switching around my HDMI ports on my video cards, un plugged the ports on my computer and on the monitor and the power cord on the wall. Also, I have tried a power cord from another monitor I have. Right now, I am typing this on my TV screen so I have ruled out that it is the graphics card. So now I am at a loss. The monitor I have is and I-INC iH252. Any suggestions would be wonderful and if you need more info just ask. Thanks everyone!
The only step I didn't noticed you tried was actually a different monitor. Trying this will positively determine if your monitor is failing.
well I am plugged from my PC to my HDTV right now so its technically a "new monitor". and while waiting I did try a new HDMI to HDMI cord to my monitor but that didnt work either.
Then I suspect the monitor itself is failing.
If there is still a warranty on it I would suggest contacting the manufacturer and asking about a repair or exchange on it.
If you bought it in the last 30 days from a online company like TigerDirect or NewEgg then contact them. They may exchange it for you at no cost or shipping.
ok, well its still under warranty so I'm sending it in…till then im stuck on a 15 inch CRT =( Tech support said it sounded like the LCD panel was going out. Thanks for the feedback.
Then it really shouldn't cost you anything. The LCD panel should be replaced under warranty for you. Please let us know how it turns out for you. This may help someone in the future who has the same issue. Thank you for your patience and allowing me to assist you with your issue. :notworthy: :ph34r: ;)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI