Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal
my computer folders start everytime i boot up
17 min read
Essexboy
Check this page out and see if it makes sense to you
brian_723
Check this page out and see if it makes sense to you
thanks for that and all the other great help ,just to be clear I still have ubunto installed but do not want to have it any longer .
as for running my computer from dis ,not sure because i tired this once before ,my disc is windows media sp 2 ,but as i updated to service pack 3 last time i tired to use my disk for something it was not having any of it .
okay I am off the follow the instructions you have set me on the last page ,and will report back .
Essexboy
You will need to delete Ubuntu manually - I will check that out as well. With the disc all you are doing is ammending the MBR to reflect no Ubuntu system
brian_723
You will need to delete Ubuntu manually - I will check that out as well. With the disc all you are doing is ammending the MBR to reflect no Ubuntu system
Thanks for that ,just about to run puran now .
Essexboy
Have a look at this about one third of the way down the page
brian_723
brian_723
I not sure if any of that will work for me as i have it on a partition and i think that is talking about a virtual drive or something ,but thank you for the suggestion .
Essexboy
If it is on its own partition and you have repaired the MBR then a reformat of the partition will remove it and give you all that space
Enjoy 
brian_723
If it is on its own partition and you have repaired the MBR then a reformat of the partition will remove it and give you all that space
Enjoy
how do you repair the mbr ?
brian_723
okay i have gotten rid of ubunto the grub loader ,not gained any space as i have to run a disk error check first and then i shall go back and try .
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=113630
I followed the instruction on the first post .
one question ,I had an other partition ,now i cannot remember if I tried installing ubunto twice or perhaps my windows installation is partitioned so i left it alone .My main partition I knew because it was the biggest .i would also do an other one of about 2.5gig but i worry it may be of importance,as for unbunto that was called ubunto so knew it was correct . ..after my disk check i shall go back in to resize my partition an should have the ubunto space back .I tied do do this earlier but it failled and it told me to tun a diske check which i am doing right now on my main computer not this one .
I may install unbunto again ,but my main problem with it this time is I did not make the partition big enough to install any updates or anything for that matter ,but as the steps to remove it worked i may try again some time .
thanks for all the help ,and feel free to tell me if i am going wrong .
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=113630
I followed the instruction on the first post .
one question ,I had an other partition ,now i cannot remember if I tried installing ubunto twice or perhaps my windows installation is partitioned so i left it alone .My main partition I knew because it was the biggest .i would also do an other one of about 2.5gig but i worry it may be of importance,as for unbunto that was called ubunto so knew it was correct . ..after my disk check i shall go back in to resize my partition an should have the ubunto space back .I tied do do this earlier but it failled and it told me to tun a diske check which i am doing right now on my main computer not this one .
I may install unbunto again ,but my main problem with it this time is I did not make the partition big enough to install any updates or anything for that matter ,but as the steps to remove it worked i may try again some time .
thanks for all the help ,and feel free to tell me if i am going wrong .
Essexboy
If the grub loader has gone and you are booting OK then so is the MBR
That page looks nice and comprehensive - I may bookmark that Ta 
brian_723
If the grub loader has gone and you are booting OK then so is the MBR
![]()
That page looks nice and comprehensive - I may bookmark that Ta
thanks very much for all the help
Essexboy
My pleasure - keep safe
Essexboy
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI