This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Malware ksdsvc

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

oops yes, I did mean 20, sorry for the typo :blush: Hover over my user name > a box appears > click on the tiny arrow on the right of the box > a menu pops open, there is an option on the menu to "send message" > click that and you will be able to type your message to me and send. Alternatively there is an option in your user Control Panel, to "Compose new message" > click that, a window will open > type in my user name and topic, write and send your message.
Thank you! I have just installed powerword again; what I am confusing about is that powerword still remembers what words I looked up for in the past. That means combofix did not completely remove everything from Kingsoft. Well, I will just find out what will happen later on.

Is there a way I can stop Adaware from running at Windows startup? I have a Startup Faster to control startup programs; however, I could neither find adaware in it nor from msconfig. Thanks!
Hi, I've never actually used that program myself, so not familiar with it, but try this 1. Open Ad-Aware. 2. Click the button that looks like a gear ("Settings"). 3. When the Settings dialog opens, click the "General" button. 4. Underneath "Startup & Safety", uncheck the button "Run at Windows start up". 5. Click the "Customize" link to change startup settings. Don't select any of the settings that would have Ad-Aware perform a system scan automatically whenever Windows boots, . 6. Click "Proceed" to close the dialog box. Hope that resolves it for you.
Basically, I stopped right here–3. When the Settings dialog opens, click the "General" button because there is neither "General" Button, nor anything "Startup & Safety" or uncheck for "Run at Windows start up." Were you looking at a paid version, mine is the free version. Thanks!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI