CalleyD
Topic Starter
Help please! I'm not very tech savvy… My user setting is the Admin of our home desktop computer. I am running on Windows XP. I am logging in to my computer from work through Log Me In and found a series of "threat warnings" on my desktop wanting me to purchase an "upgrade" to a virus protection software. There were MANY windows of this I was trying to close out and I ended up restarting the computer to get them to clear. Once the system restarted, they were gone but trying to open internet explorer came up with the error message that it could not find the internet connection. When I tried to "diagnose" it said there were problems with a few of the firewall settings. I tried to restore those and did not work.
I tried system restore to several different dates but the system said it could not restore and to try another date. I went back several weeks. When I switched to my husband's user setting on the computer, the internet worked. I use AVG Free and Malbytes on my computer. AVG said there were no infections detected.
Please help? I will be eternally Grateful!