This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

YEE GADS! IT'S NOT WORKING!

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

oH LORD,Have had this computer exactly one year now, I killed the last one, and the one before that, I manage somehow to run these things into the ground…. only had one virus infection this whole past year and avast took care of it….. but this time something is wrong. siren went off the minute I hit GAMES on MSN, where I go because I am addicted to the daily jigsaw puzzle there…. A screen popped up A TROJAN HORSE WAS FOUND…. When I did what it suggested I do, another screen popped up again, A Trojan was Found AND this time it suggested i try to put into the vault…and then i got an error message…the message said, The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Cannot process C:\Documentsand Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet File\Content. IE5\05L1H7LT\Kav 2[1],htm" file so, now what? I tried. I tried again…same message….so then I thought, hmmmmmmmm, go and see if the malwarebytes programs is still picking up the infections, so I hit quick scan, (cause I know the full scan takes over an hour) and 4 minutes later it says I'm clean, memory process, modules, registry keys, values, data, folders and files, some 84,463 items were virus free…… so now what? I still have this screen here, saying A Trojan was Found, and I can't successfully complete moving it to the chest. My other options are Move/Rename or Delete. Can anyone out there tell me what to do with those two options? I can also hit NO ACTION: note, if you press no action the malwar will not be activated, but what does that mean? I really am this stupid. duh????? ok, so I'm afraid to shut off machine, I'm afraid to delete this screen saying I have a Trojan, anyone out there help????? and this is how stupid I am. I saved the log that popped up on NOtePad from the malwarebytes scan, and can't find it….tried using document search, can't find anything on programs screen that says anything about logs…i remember the computer said it was saving it to logs, but I can't find it anywhere, this is how stupid I am… ALSO, just to prove that my brain does TRY to think, I thought maybe that the avast programs wasn't responding because the security system that comes with windows was somehow impeding it….if I remember correctly the last times I had infections, I always had to make sure I shut off the Windows security…but NOW I CANT FIND THAT EITHER…JEESH, But it did occur to me, to try to find the Windows security and shut it off, EDIT: NAME OF TROJAN IS JS:Prontexi-S [Trj] AND SAYS VPS VERSION: 100227-2, 2/27/2010
ummm, okay….i get real nervous with these things….. went online to find out about this particular trojan, couldn't find anything at all that I could understand…seems to be attacking my adobe reader? not sure, but since the alarm went off the moment i hit msn games and those games use the adobe reader, that probably is right. right? who knows, I'm a computer moron… any way….did an avast scan and yeppers, the virus was still there….. so I really freaked, malwarebytes obviously was wrong…so I hit delete. that was one of the other options, since it was impossible to put in the chest/virus vault…. i decided to hit delete all files upon next start up and that's what I did…. am running scans now, but I'm sure you guys will want me to post the hijack this logs right? anyway, that's what I did under duress, terror and total lack of knowledge. oops, p.s. again, upon start up and with much trepidation, I went right back to msn games, and no alarms went off, even when i hit JIGSAW
Here's my hijack this log since I deleted the file:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:12:22 AM, on 2/28/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: WOT Helper - {C920E44A-7F78-4E64-BDD7-A57026E7FEB7} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: WOT - {71576546-354D-41c9-AAE8-31F2EC22BF0D} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate this web page with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/ActionTU.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/Action.htm
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (MSN Games – Matchmaking) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…rk.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1237587513624
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) -
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1238016547218
O16 - DPF: {7E980B9B-8AE5-466A-B6D6-DA8CF814E78A} (MJLauncherCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/amun/default/mjolauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {8C279F4E-917E-4CD2-8DF0-D9C73C0CE763} (ZPA_WheelOfFortune Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_wof.cab55579.cab
O16 - DPF: {95B5D20C-BD31-4489-8ABF-F8C8BE748463} (MSN Games – Hearts) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_hrtz.cab99160.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…k.cab102118.cab
O16 - DPF: {BFF1950D-B1B4-4AE8-B842-B2CCF06D9A1B} (Zylom Games Player) - http://game.zylom.com/activex/zylomgamesplayer.cab
O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/feed/default/SproutLauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {DC75FEF6-165D-4D25-A518-C8C4BDA7BAA6} (CPlayFirstDinerDashControl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/dash/default/D…sh.1.0.0.98.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/popcaploader_v10.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77F23EB-E7AB-4502-8F37-247DBAF1A147} (Windows Live Hotmail Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/photo…ol/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {FC4CAF5F-91BD-4DD9-ADC1-F3C737E37BC4} (CPlayFirstSweetopiaControl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/swet/default/S…ia.1.0.0.46.cab
O18 - Protocol: wot - {C2A44D6B-CB9F-4663-88A6-DF2F26E4D952} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O23 - Service: ASKService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

–
End of file - 9284 bytes
jeesh, couldn't find my post, it was back 4 pages

ok, if anyone out there finally gets to this…

today i go to msn games, I go to Jigsaw, and the moment I click on it, I get another virus!!!!!

this one was JS:pdfka-gen [Expl] - googled it and I was right, these past two infections are attacking my adobe and acrobat reader programs.

do i uninstall them and get new ones?? or do I now have an infection that only you guys can help me clean out, seeing as deleting yesterday didn't work, cause today I go back to jigsaw, and I still am getting infections…. those files, adobe and acrobat must be corrupted…if I delete them, will the virus still be in my computer? I'll run another hijack this log and post it here:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:54:08 AM, on 3/1/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater6\Adobe_Updater.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: WOT Helper - {C920E44A-7F78-4E64-BDD7-A57026E7FEB7} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: WOT - {71576546-354D-41c9-AAE8-31F2EC22BF0D} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate this web page with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/ActionTU.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/Action.htm
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (MSN Games – Matchmaking) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…rk.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1237587513624
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) -
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1238016547218
O16 - DPF: {7E980B9B-8AE5-466A-B6D6-DA8CF814E78A} (MJLauncherCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/amun/default/mjolauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {8C279F4E-917E-4CD2-8DF0-D9C73C0CE763} (ZPA_WheelOfFortune Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_wof.cab55579.cab
O16 - DPF: {95B5D20C-BD31-4489-8ABF-F8C8BE748463} (MSN Games – Hearts) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_hrtz.cab99160.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…k.cab102118.cab
O16 - DPF: {BFF1950D-B1B4-4AE8-B842-B2CCF06D9A1B} (Zylom Games Player) - http://game.zylom.com/activex/zylomgamesplayer.cab
O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/feed/default/SproutLauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {DC75FEF6-165D-4D25-A518-C8C4BDA7BAA6} (CPlayFirstDinerDashControl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/dash/default/D…sh.1.0.0.98.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/popcaploader_v10.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77F23EB-E7AB-4502-8F37-247DBAF1A147} (Windows Live Hotmail Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/photo…ol/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {FC4CAF5F-91BD-4DD9-ADC1-F3C737E37BC4} (CPlayFirstSweetopiaControl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/swet/default/S…ia.1.0.0.46.cab
O18 - Protocol: wot - {C2A44D6B-CB9F-4663-88A6-DF2F26E4D952} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O23 - Service: ASKService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

–
End of file - 9488 bytes


THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Okay, no one wants to talk to me. fine…but i can't sit still and let viruses go whacky on my computer….so i'm trying the best I can here…… I went into my control panel and saw I had 5 adobe programs…. adobe air, flash player 10 active x, flash player 10 plug in, adobe reader 9.1 and Adobe Shockwave…. I read on google that the adobe reader version 9.1 is especially vulnerable to that newest virus i got today, so i took out that version of adobe reader and installed the newer version, 9.3 I don't know if I should get rid of, uninstall all the other adobe programs too??? and reinstall…I checked, the adobe flash player active x control program i need to play those games on MSN does not have a newer version, my 10.0.45.2 is the latest version, so I guess I won't do anything until I hear from one of you guys whether I have to get rid of the other adobe programs.
Oh LORD…… here is my prayer…. that someone hey, ANYONE… just one of the 70 other people who have read this (i'm deducting the 5 times I have posted here) just reply.. you don't have to be one of these einstein wizards you don't have to be the big know it all just give me your best opinion did i do what was right? was I on the right track? i can't go to msn safely again until i at least feel that i will not hear the alarm go off again today. it's been three days. anyone out there? just give an opinion? do you think by unstalling the old adobe reader and reinstalling the newer one, i might have stopped this tendancy for viruses to find my favorite stupid little jigsaw game??? you don't have to know it all, just venture an opinion, i don't seem to have any further problems, nothing else is freaking out right now here. but if you do know of any damage those two viruses could cause down the road??? let me know.. ……… please???? until the really busy kind and expert guys show up here? I would just appreciate a kind word of support, or comfort, opinion or suggestions. thanks…don't mean to whine or pout…maybe this isn't the biggest infection…and not at all important, maybe it's just the paper cut problem compared to the mega loss of life and limb, blood loss out there of huge virus infections…but i just want to know I'm not damaging my machine by turning it on daily, nor losing vital information to a hacker somewhere, that my computer won't blow up again if I log on tomorrow because these stupid infections might still be here.. anyone? someone??? thank you for listening amen
And that having been said………………………………………………………………….
……..

I then calmly go to Lycos, not MSN, since I don't trust MSN right now after two infections in two days there….. figure, hey, I have an email account over on LYCOS, I'll use that one to send an email…..

I go to LYCOS,

OH, there is an email in the spam folder (i don't often go to this site, use it much, i use MSN mostly to pick up my emails)

I do not open the email, I just CLICK on the word SPam, to see what is there….

and ALARMS ALARMS ALARMS ALARMS ALARMS


OKAY.

REALLY

SO I AM A STUPID OLD WOMAN….A VERY HYSTERICAL OLD WOMAN RIGHT NOW


THIS IS THE THIRD INFECTION IN THREE DAYS AFTER A YEAR OF NO INFECTIONS WITH AVAST.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?


yEAH, I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW

NOW I NEED TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON FOLKS, DOES THIS SOUND NORMAL????



DOES THIS HAPPEN NORMALLY? AN INFECTION A DAY??? SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG, SOMETHING MUST BE LETTING THIS HAPPEN, MAKING IT HAPPEN, RIGHT?????????????????


WHAT IS BEING COMPROMISED? WHAT COULD BE BE FILTERING OUT OF MY COMPUTER? MY IDENTITY? MY PERSONAL INFO? WHAT IS HAPPENING????
yanno??????

i don't get it. I just don't

15 more people are finding this utterly fascinating, are following my ranting here, obviously, getting a huge kick out this, finding it very entertaining, yet not one of them seems to want to leave a consoling word, a quick best guess, a little repartee, let's schmoooze here people, let's just put our heads together and see if we can figure this out while we wait for the kind volunteers who are obviously inundated with far more serious problems to get to me….

i can be patient, I am not bugging them or going to complain…

i just wish ONE you people out of the EIGHTY SOMETHING who have read this continuing saga would just voice an opinion….

do you think this is a malware that will do damage to my system? What is the purpose of infecting adobe? what do they gain from this, the horrid little people who think up these things? Is this just going to screw up my computer, boggle it up, gum it up, is that the reason behind this particular Trojan and why did I then get another Trojan right after it that specifically was an exploititive one (heck, was that a word?) and WHAT is it exploiting?????

And why did I today get a virus called HTML L frame, which is, as I read by googling it, something someone HACKED into my computer and why??? They now have my passwords???? right? isn't that what happens?

REALLY PEOPLE, I am freaking out here, doesn't anyone have some advice or opinion they can impart, must be someone out there that has a bit more knowledge than I do….and I don't get how all this works, I'm only assuming someone has been able to get a virus into my email because it was hacked in, they have my passwords…. I don't know. Anyone out there know????

do you think i did the right thing by just deleting the original adobe reader and reinstalling the new one?

do you think something is causing an infection a day? something AVAST didn't catch, I mean, why am I getting an infection every day now? I didn't get any alarms today when I played JIGSAW, but I am not going to enter hotmail, nor am I going back to Lycos….. I don't know what will get infected next.

Do you think I should uninstall the adobe shokwave and the adobe flash player too???????

AM I SERIOUSLY INFECTED????? tHEY GOT INTO MY LYCOS ACCOUNT FROM A WEB SITE I USE, i DIDN'T OPEN THE EMAIL, BUT i SAW WHO IT CAME FROM, IT CAME FROM A SITE i DO GO TO…… ISN'T THIS SERIOUS??????

EDIT: YES, i NEGLECTED TO GIVE NAME OF NEW VIRUS I GOT TODAY… HTML: LFRAME-INFVIRUS/WORM….that is what AVAST said the name was, the file name is (yeah, get this one, this is a fun file name)) - http://eautheure.net/kewheqretroanpaoqwlermtppqndhpmq

There's a mouthful of a file name if ever I saw one, lol….. and here's my newest hijack this log, taken just NOW, after this latest virus popped up, incase anyone from whatthetech ever gets here:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:32:45 AM, on 3/2/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: AskBar BHO - {201f27d4-3704-41d6-89c1-aa35e39143ed} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: WOT Helper - {C920E44A-7F78-4E64-BDD7-A57026E7FEB7} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O2 - BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar - {3041d03e-fd4b-44e0-b742-2d9b88305f98} - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\askBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: WOT - {71576546-354D-41c9-AAE8-31F2EC22BF0D} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSPY2002] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\PINTLGNT\ImScInst.exe /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SkyTel] SkyTel.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Google Photos Screensa&ver - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPhotos.scr/200
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate this web page with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/ActionTU.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate with Babylon - res://C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll/Action.htm
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {05D44720-58E3-49E6-BDF6-D00330E511D3} (MSN Games – Matchmaking) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…rk.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/…b?1237587513624
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) -
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1238016547218
O16 - DPF: {7E980B9B-8AE5-466A-B6D6-DA8CF814E78A} (MJLauncherCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/amun/default/mjolauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {8C279F4E-917E-4CD2-8DF0-D9C73C0CE763} (ZPA_WheelOfFortune Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_wof.cab55579.cab
O16 - DPF: {95B5D20C-BD31-4489-8ABF-F8C8BE748463} (MSN Games – Hearts) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/zpagames/zpa_hrtz.cab99160.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…k.cab102118.cab
O16 - DPF: {BFF1950D-B1B4-4AE8-B842-B2CCF06D9A1B} (Zylom Games Player) - http://game.zylom.com/activex/zylomgamesplayer.cab
O16 - DPF: {D54160C3-DB7B-4534-9B65-190EE4A9C7F7} (SproutLauncherCtrl Class) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/feed/default/SproutLauncher.cab
O16 - DPF: {DC75FEF6-165D-4D25-A518-C8C4BDA7BAA6} (CPlayFirstDinerDashControl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/dash/default/D…sh.1.0.0.98.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/popcaploader_v10.cab
O16 - DPF: {E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7} (get_atlcom Class) - http://platformdl.adobe.com/NOS/getPlusPlus/1.6/gp.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77F23EB-E7AB-4502-8F37-247DBAF1A147} (Windows Live Hotmail Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/photo…ol/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {FC4CAF5F-91BD-4DD9-ADC1-F3C737E37BC4} (CPlayFirstSweetopiaControl Object) - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/swet/default/S…ia.1.0.0.46.cab
O18 - Protocol: wot - {C2A44D6B-CB9F-4663-88A6-DF2F26E4D952} - C:\Program Files\WOT\WOT.dll
O23 - Service: ASKService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AskBarDis\bar\bin\AskService.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: McciCMService - Motive Communications, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\McciCMService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Check Point Software Technologies LTD - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

–
End of file - 9447 bytes
Hello there, compudont

:welcome:

I'm Conspire, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Please observe these rules while we work:
  • Read the entire procedure
  • It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Stick with me till you're given the all clear.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.
Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise.
This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.

Please bear with me, I will post back to you as soon as I can.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
well thank you sweetie…..no problem…take your time, i just get kinda freaky about damage to my system since i'm such a moron and really have no idea what the processes mean, how a computer works, what an attack can do, mean, heck, i still don't understand the whole concept of WiFi, heck, I don't even know what wifi means, lol, this is a whole new frontier of knowledge that I encountered back in the year 2000, and the learning curve for me has been sporadic, with knowledge only coming as I have had to adapt, so there are huge holes in my understanding…heck, I only learned how to cut and paste after 3 years of having a computer, LOL…… INTREPID is not my middle name. Good for you, taking this on, learning the ropes, I am so proud of you, you must be so proud of yourself, for this is a wonderful wonderful place and you guys are the most wonderful wonderful people in the world. Why computers have to be so darn complicated is beyond me, that is just the nature of the beast I suppose, but the fact you DRAGON SLAYERS are here to keep the his claws from ripping us apart and his fire breath from consuming our data, we are enternally grateful…. I actually love coming here, it is a pain in way, a real stretch for my aged brain, it is hard to do everything step by step! Yeah, it is really hard sometimes, but you guys are always so patient and never made fun of me. I feel like a billion bucks when i leave here and got thru the whole ordeal, lol….so you just take your time and i'll be a good student, I promise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TALK TO YOU LATER!!!!!!!
Hi,

I understand your frustrations you have at the moment with your computer, and we appreciate for your patience up till today you have with us. However, do bear in mind that our helpers look out for 0 replies first and in your case you have a total of 9 posts in here and therefore you are seen as though you were being helped by one of us. You would be doing yourself and me a great favour if you read Malware Removal Guide, because it gives you the idea of what you have to do in order for us to have the most effective fix on your machine. Just so you know that our moderators here almost close this thread here due to the spamming in the board.

So from now on, all you have to do is to just follow the instructions provided by me and let me know what are the things gone wrong when you carrying out the fix. If there is anything you do not understand at all, I would urge you to STOP before proceeding any further and I promise you that I will try my very best to assist you by looking into your problems. Rantings or unsolicited ramblings are not going to help here in the condition you are now, so from now on please STAY with me until you are given an ALL CLEAR sign.

Do not worry of anything as I would always be with you until you are free to go, and whenever you're ready, please provide me a DDS and GMER log and post it here. You can read the instructions on how to run them by clicking on the link I provided just now. :)

Hope to hear you soon,

Take care.
Hey, good to hear from you again. I'm sorry about you being not able to login to your original ID. - You already did very well by being able to post your DDS log in here! So not to worry anything all right? :) As for the GMER, let's forget about it for now ok? It didn't work not because of you but rather something is going wrong with your computer. Remember, you didn't do anything wrong and you are doing all right. Now, all you have to do is to wait for my further instructions. I will be back as soon as I can. Take care! ;)
Hi,

Before running the instructions I posted below, I need you to turn off your firewall (Zone Alarm) for the moment.
Navigate your mouse right to the end of right hand lower corner which is what we called System Tray Icon. The place where you can see the time and date.
[external image: Posted Image]
Can you see the image? Right there, if you look closer, you will see the red and green bar under the word "Traffic", that is your Zone Alarm firewall. I need you to right click on that and select Shutdown ZoneAlarm and then click Yes to proceed.

After you completed this step, follow the rest below.

Please download RootRepeal to your desktop
  • Physically disconnect your machine from the internet as your system will be unprotected.
  • Double click and Run RootRepeal.exe
  • Click the Report tab at the bottom and then the Scan button.
  • A box will pop up, check the boxes beside Drivers, Files, Processes SSDT and click OK.
  • Another box will open, check the boxes beside all the drives, eg : C:\, then click OK.
  • The scan will take a little while to run, so let it go unhindered.
  • Once it is done, click the Save Report button, call it RepealScan and save the log to your desktop.
  • Reconnect to the internet.
  • Post the log here in your reply.

If you happen to find yourself in a troubled situation, please let me know. And rest assured, I will always be here.

Hope to hear you soon.

No rush :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI