Hi
I notices few pop-ups on PC and know that I have some sort of malware on my pc. I can not even open my Firefox browser, so I am using IE 7
When I try to run Malwarebytes, it opens for few secounds and auto closes it.
Also, Hijackthis does not open either and thats why I can not post any logs?
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
DDS.pif
DDS.scr
Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
Notepad will open with the results soon.
Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results and then click Ok.
The black and message box window shall then disappear.
Please save both log files on your desktop and post the DDS.txt and zip up and attach Attach.txt as instructed.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE
yes, I was able to run DDS.
attached are logs.
Before your post, I downloaded the Spybot Search & destroy from download.com and fix few problems using that program. and I was able run MABM…
My firefox closed automatiacally after 2 to 5 mins in use. Whenever, I press Ctrl + V to paste into search box of yahoo or google.com and closes.
but everything is normal. with my PC
Sorry about the previous post above. I was looking at another topic and posted to this topic by mistake. Let's continue here…
I see a flash-drive infection. Please do the following.
Download and Run FlashDisinfector
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden file named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.
Download and Run Combofix
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:
* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. Refer to this page on instructions on doing so.
Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.
Take out your Removable drives now and post the Combofix log in your next reply.
i was unable to disable symantic endpoint protection, but still ran combofix.
still can't run MABM
Still can't install Hijacthis/
Also, I can open Windows Firewall window to enable windows Firewall.
I have MABM installed already. It opens for about 2–3 secounds and auto closes it. I dont have Hijackthis installed, so it does the same thing with installtion window. (auto-closes)
I dont have any pop-ups. but ONLY sometimes my yahoo, google, search results go to random sites.
Whenever, I press Ctrl + V into search box at yahoo.com, while running Firefox, it auto-crashes firefox.
Also my speakers are not working….its says "There are no active mixers device avaiable…..To install mixeer……"
Does the issue also happen in Safe Mode with Network? Please try that for me.
How to Boot into Safe Mode
I suggest you read over the instructions on how to boot into Safe Mode and then print these instructions out or save them in Notepad because you won't have access to this page while in Safe Mode.
Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the boot menu appears.
Use your arrow keys to navigate and highlight Safe Mode with Networking.
Hit Enter.
You will now be asked to choose your operating system. Again, use the arrow keys to select Microsoft Windows XP.
Hit Enter.
Your computer will proceed to booting into Safe Mode. During the boot process, you may see random code go past your screen. Simply wait for it to pass. Your computer should boot like usually, except with Safe Mode written in the corners of your screen. Your screen may also appear to be a different size because the video drivers are not loaded properly in Safe Mode.
After the boot, you will be asked whether you wish to use system restore, or to continue to Safe Mode. Select OK to choose Safe mode.
Additional instructions on booting into Safe Mode can be found here
I tried, but same problem. When I rebooted the PC after using in Safe Mode. My windows bar at the bottom of the window, where is says "Start" is no longer in windows XP style. Its look likes windows 98.