adam707
Topic Starter
Hi Guys!
I started my laptop the other day to be greeted by a message saying:
Security Warning!
Worm.Win32.Netsky detected on your machine.
This virus is distributed via the Internet through email and Active-x
objects.
The worm has its own smtp engine which means it gathers
emails from your local computer and re-distributes itself.
In worst cases this worm can allow attachers to access your
computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
Viruses can damage your confidential data and work on your
computer.
Continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous.
My wallpaper has changed to bright green with a black box saying:
YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED!
System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction. Spyware activity has been detected. It is recommended to use spyware removal tool to prevent data loss. Do not use the computer before all spyware is removed."
I googled it and found these instructions to remove it: Link Removed: LDT
but when I boot to safe mode and run SmitfraudFix I get a message saying: Application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software.
I really don't know what to do now. Any help would be very much appreciated!
I started my laptop the other day to be greeted by a message saying:
Security Warning!
Worm.Win32.Netsky detected on your machine.
This virus is distributed via the Internet through email and Active-x
objects.
The worm has its own smtp engine which means it gathers
emails from your local computer and re-distributes itself.
In worst cases this worm can allow attachers to access your
computer, stealing passwords and personal data.
Viruses can damage your confidential data and work on your
computer.
Continue working in unprotected mode is very dangerous.
My wallpaper has changed to bright green with a black box saying:
YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED!
System has been stopped due to a serious malfunction. Spyware activity has been detected. It is recommended to use spyware removal tool to prevent data loss. Do not use the computer before all spyware is removed."
I googled it and found these instructions to remove it: Link Removed: LDT
but when I boot to safe mode and run SmitfraudFix I get a message saying: Application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software.
I really don't know what to do now. Any help would be very much appreciated!