Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Making a Shopping Cart in Javascript?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Gaming, Computers & Drinks With Friends.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Hey there people! I am just wondering if anyone knows how to make a shopping cart in Javascript? What I am looking for is the following: The customer is offered the option to increase the quantity of any products placed into the shopping cart. The customer may delete products from the shopping cart. The customer may clear the shopping cart. Just in case you need to know, I am currently making a website for somebody that owns a business that wants to sell items online. If anyone can help me out with this it really would be appreciated! Thanks, Gary.

Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 appleoddity

appleoddity

SuperMember

• Tech Team
  • 3,071 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Movies, Family, Church, Music, Volleyball, Softball, Poker, Computers, Electronics, Reading.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

Hi Gary. I don't know anything about JavaScript. I just wanted to say that this may not be the best place to ask for this kind of help, and you may have not asked in the best way. First of all, we are a forum of volunteers who spend a lot of time helping people that just have no other options with anything else. The support we provide is free and we are happy to help people. But, when you say you are making a website for someone that owns a business that wants to sell items online, it has now become about money and personal gain. It would be the same feeling if you came to this FREE support forum and asked our help fixing a computer that you were charging someone else to work on. Regardless if you are charging the business owner for your help (you should be), they are certainly going to make money off of what is basically OUR intellectual property. Secondly, you have come in asking a very broad question. No matter what programming forum you go to, the locals are going to expect you to put in the effort to research and find code that you can use. If you are having a problem understanding a certain part of it, or a problem programming your own code they will be more than happy to help, but nobody is going to write it for you. The best you could hope for would be a link to some pre-existing code you could work with and customize to your own liking. Unfortunately, the best info I could provide would come from Google, which is the same you can do. There is probably no reason to limit yourself to javascript and this type of thing is probably better handled with PHP anyways.

The help you have been given is free. If you have been happy with our help please consider donating to support this forum.

If you would like to say thanks for the help I have given you please View My Profile and Leave a Comment.
Your encouragement is welcome.

#3 TheBug

TheBug

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

Shopping cart involves money and so JavaScript is not recommended for the crucial parts. Use server side scripting language like ASP, JSP or PHP etc. You can still use JavaScript for basic design of shopping cart.

But then why re-invent the wheel? I suggest you to use OpenCart open source Shopping Cart which is based in PHP. You will have to do some customizations for integrating it into your site.

http://www.opencart.com/

#4 GaryORLFC

GaryORLFC

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Sports, Music, Gaming, Computers & Drinks With Friends.

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the replies appleoddity and TheBug.

I will have a look at opencart.

I found something today, it's called http://www.zen-cart.com/ (Zen-Cart)

Is this any good?

Posted Image

#5 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

No opinion myself. But I have an associate who has been using zen-cart on a commercial site for a few years. Likes it very much. I believe that it is also the shopping cart utility that is used by BlueHost.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.