This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE8 issues

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Charlene Reeves,

Ztruker has given you a competent means for sorting out some of the diagnosis of this problem.

In the doing of it, it is important to recognize that when booted into SAFE Mode /w Networking, your machine's basic security programs of AntiVirus and Firewall are turned-off and not actively protecting you.

Therefore it is risky to do much of anything related to the internet, browsing and email.

If you are going to run your machine for extended periods of time or use a variety of your available processes and applications while in SAFE Mode /w Networking………,
It would be prudent to Disconnect the Machine physically from the Internet and disable any Wireless Internet connectivity.
Some errors I have noted: Host process Rund//32 hpgddsvc.dll minidump mdmp version txt DMA service hang Will try safe mode with networking the computer has malfunction today by freezing, unable to type of staples site. Will know more today. Thanks, Charlene
The fans are working great and running in safe mode with networking all ran without freezing. When I turn on the computer in normal mode there are a few noises like found new hardware 3-4 times yet nothing appeared on the screen. At times like this AM the comuter will not connect to internet even though all signs in Network Config shows all is connected. Thedesktop icon shows no internet and I ran the repair for Network connection and itsaid it needed to reset Network Connection. This is a continual problem also.
hpgddsvc.dll has to do with HP Digital Imaging. I would suggest uninstalling all HP software, reboot, then reinstall you HP printer software. See if the rundll32 hpgddsvc.dll error goes away.

Please download and run StartupList from MajorGeeks.com. It's a zip file so you need to extract startuplist.exe from it. Run it (no install needed). When it finishes, click on File then Save As. This will create a Startuplist.txt file. Double click on it to open it in Notepad, then copy and paste the data into a reply here in this thread.

That will let me see what is running on your computer and what is being auto started at boot time.

The next step will be to use msconfig to disable processes a few at a time until we find the one causing the problem. Let's see the startup list first though.
Edit: Removed two very long duplicate posts. Put the StartupList output into a file and added it as a .txt file. Easier to work with when downloaded on my computer.

[attachment removed]

Thanks Charlene. It will take a little while to go through all the data. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Rats! Too much info and not enough of what I wanted to see. Let's try one more please.

Download and run HijackThis 2.0.2 from Trend Micro. Ver 2.0.2 is on the right side. Click on the Executable link to download it, that way there is no need to install anything.

Launch HijackThis by double clicking on HijackThis.exe.
Click on Open The Misc Tools Section (4th button down).
Click on Generate StartupList Log. Don't check any other boxes.

Post results in a reply here when they are displayed in Notepad. This will be much smaller and I hope will have the info I'm looking for.
Excellent, that's what I should have asked for in the first place, thanks.

Lets try the following:

Click on Start then Run, type msconfig and press Enter or click OK.
Click on the Startup tab.
Disable (uncheck) any/all entries for the following (this doesn't remove them, just disables them from auto starting at boot time):

Yahoo
CinemaNow
Microsoft Search
Google (toolbar and desktop)
Flash
Internet Explorer
Dell


Do you use Network Magic? It's a very good program but if it's not being used, then disable it as well.

Click Apply the OK. Reboot and see how things are.
Done all Icould see. I have been receiving when I click on a link IE has quit working will search for soln and I click close and the link I clicked on opens up too. Hope this helps. Will continue to monitor for other changes.
Charlene, what do you mean when you say you did all you could? What did you disable? Did you disable Network Magic or are you using it. Is your computer still locking up?
I disabled yahoo and google desktop and toolbar. That is all I could recognize. Yes it is working much better now. I haven't seen any problems so far.
I can't get to your message. My browser keeps opening it and then it switches to an old message. I hope you get this message. The same situation-IE has quit working searching for soln-has reappeared 2 times. I am at a loss of what to do. I click on your link and get the last message I left. Charlene

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI