Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE8 issues

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

Hi Charlene Reeves,

Ztruker has given you a competent means for sorting out some of the diagnosis of this problem.

In the doing of it, it is important to recognize that when booted into SAFE Mode /w Networking, your machine's basic security programs of AntiVirus and Firewall are turned-off and not actively protecting you.

Therefore it is risky to do much of anything related to the internet, browsing and email.

If you are going to run your machine for extended periods of time or use a variety of your available processes and applications while in SAFE Mode /w Networking.........,
It would be prudent to Disconnect the Machine physically from the Internet and disable any Wireless Internet connectivity.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:39 AM

Some errors I have noted: Host process Rund//32 hpgddsvc.dll minidump mdmp version txt DMA service hang Will try safe mode with networking the computer has malfunction today by freezing, unable to type of staples site. Will know more today. Thanks, Charlene

#18 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:22 AM

The fans are working great and running in safe mode with networking all ran without freezing. When I turn on the computer in normal mode there are a few noises like found new hardware 3-4 times yet nothing appeared on the screen. At times like this AM the comuter will not connect to internet even though all signs in Network Config shows all is connected. Thedesktop icon shows no internet and I ran the repair for Network connection and itsaid it needed to reset Network Connection. This is a continual problem also.

#19 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

hpgddsvc.dll has to do with HP Digital Imaging. I would suggest uninstalling all HP software, reboot, then reinstall you HP printer software. See if the rundll32 hpgddsvc.dll error goes away.

Please download and run StartupList from MajorGeeks.com. It's a zip file so you need to extract startuplist.exe from it. Run it (no install needed). When it finishes, click on File then Save As. This will create a Startuplist.txt file. Double click on it to open it in Notepad, then copy and paste the data into a reply here in this thread.

That will let me see what is running on your computer and what is being auto started at boot time.

The next step will be to use msconfig to disable processes a few at a time until we find the one causing the problem. Let's see the startup list first though.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#20 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:35 AM

Edit: Removed two very long duplicate posts. Put the StartupList output into a file and added it as a .txt file. Easier to work with when downloaded on my computer.

Thanks Charlene. It will take a little while to go through all the data. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Edited by Ztruker, 18 February 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#21 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:19 PM

Rats! Too much info and not enough of what I wanted to see. Let's try one more please.

Download and run HijackThis 2.0.2 from Trend Micro. Ver 2.0.2 is on the right side. Click on the Executable link to download it, that way there is no need to install anything.

Launch HijackThis by double clicking on HijackThis.exe.
Click on Open The Misc Tools Section (4th button down).
Click on Generate StartupList Log. Don't check any other boxes.

Post results in a reply here when they are displayed in Notepad. This will be much smaller and I hope will have the info I'm looking for.

Rich

#22 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

This is my startup list from Hijack: I hope you can get this upload. Charlene

Attached Files

#23 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Excellent, that's what I should have asked for in the first place, thanks.

Lets try the following:

Click on Start then Run, type msconfig and press Enter or click OK.
Click on the Startup tab.
Disable (uncheck) any/all entries for the following (this doesn't remove them, just disables them from auto starting at boot time):

Yahoo
CinemaNow
Microsoft Search
Google (toolbar and desktop)
Flash
Internet Explorer
Dell

Do you use Network Magic? It's a very good program but if it's not being used, then disable it as well.

Click Apply the OK. Reboot and see how things are.

Rich

#24 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:27 AM

Done all Icould see. I have been receiving when I click on a link IE has quit working will search for soln and I click close and the link I clicked on opens up too. Hope this helps. Will continue to monitor for other changes.

#25 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

Charlene, what do you mean when you say you did all you could? What did you disable? Did you disable Network Magic or are you using it. Is your computer still locking up?

Rich

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:53 PM

I disabled yahoo and google desktop and toolbar. That is all I could recognize. Yes it is working much better now. I haven't seen any problems so far.

#27 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

I can't find an emoticon for "keep fingers crossed", but I hope one of them was the culprit.

Rich

#28 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Me too.

#29 Charlene Reeves

Charlene Reeves

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:40 AM

I can't get to your message. My browser keeps opening it and then it switches to an old message. I hope you get this message. The same situation-IE has quit working searching for soln-has reappeared 2 times. I am at a loss of what to do. I click on your link and get the last message I left. Charlene

#30 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

Try here: http://forums.whatth...rs_t110488.html

Rich