This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need help with a problem!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Surfing this morning and this window popped up with a program called "AntiVirus Soft" and it started scanning my system (?) I stopped it, when I try to open some programs - I get a security alert that the executable is infected. Can't open Task Manager. I can't update Malwarebytes. Can't open AntiVir. Ran Malwarebytes and did a sweep with Webroot AntiVirus with SpySweeper and got no negative results. IE keeps opening up and goes to Adult sites. I get "Antivirus software alerts" in the bottom right corner of my screen. The alerts talk about two threats, BankerFox.A and Win32/Nuquel.E . This alert asks me if I want to "block this attack" - answering "Yes" opens up IE and sends me to "livesoftrock.com/purchase?r=57.4" That's about all I can remember. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Take a read through this thread and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI