Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE8, C-MOTECH RDEVCHG & Computer Crashes

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

Filling in for Doug until he responds :D

Try the Adobe Shockwave uninstaller. You can get it from here: http://kb2.adobe.com...2/tn_14224.html

You can also get the latest version from the same page to reinstall if you want it.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

Thank you sir. :thumbup:
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#18 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

Let's have a look at exactly what's starting and running in the background.
We can see that information a little bit via the PCPitstop full Tests, but let's have a look with another tool.

Please consider running this simple utility that will help you get control of programs and processes that you wish to have running active, or not.

CodeStuff-Starters
http://www.snapfiles...et/Starter.html

Download and install, agreeing to the licensing terms and allow to install with all of the default settings as preselected in the installation wizard.

When you finally allow CodeStuff-Starters to run
It will preselect StartUps Tab)
• Click on File
• Select - save as .html (name the report file - Startups Dec03.html)

In your next reply, post the file as an attached file (use browse and upload buttons -- at the bottom-right corner of your topic posting window where you are typing your next reply)

Please do not make any changes with Code-Stuff Starters, until after you post the requested information above and receive recommendations from a helper here.

Best Regards

(Coded)
Please consider running this simple utility that will help you get control of programs and processes that you wish to have running active, or not.

CodeStuff-Starters
http://www.snapfiles...et/Starter.html

Download and install, agreeing to the licensing terms and allow to install with all of the default settings as preselected in the installation wizard.

When you finally allow CodeStuff-Starters to run
It will preselect StartUps Tab -
  • Click on File
  • Select - save as .HTML (name the report file - Startups Dec03.html)

Next:
Select the Services(tab)
Repeat the same procedure as above, but this time to create Services Dec03.html

In your next reply, post the two file as attached files (use browse and upload buttons -- at the bottom-right corner of your topic posting window where you are typing your next reply)

Please do not make any changes with Code-Stuff Starters, until after you post the requested information above and receive recommendations from a helper here.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#19 BestYet

BestYet

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

I don't know if anyone ever solved this problem but let me tell you what I just went through...I run Windows Vista on my laptop and a few days ago I started getting the c-motech rdevchg window and then today I wasn't able to connect to the internet. I went to msconfig and noticed C-motech was there on my startup and I was beginning to think I had a virus. I called Sprint and told him what was going on and first he had me go to Device Manager and we noticed that the Sierra Wireless wasn't showing up. He had me unplug my wireless adapter and plug it into another USB port which I did. Then the Device Manager flashed a few times and it picked it up and connected me to the internet. (that's how I'm able to type this message to you all) Basically I think the one USB port I was using gave out on me. So I didn't have any virus only a bad USB port...unless the virus made my USB port bad??? Hmmm... :unsure: I better do more scanning to be sure I'm safe...hope this helps for the next reader.

#20 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:48 AM

Hi BestYet, Welcome to the WTT forums Many thanks for posting your solution... glad it worked for you. :thumbup: Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate