This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Found CPAX20 (alg.exe) CPAX2.exe on my system.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I’ve tried several searches here for this topic. No luck. My Sygate Firewall reported this trying to “call out”. After several searches I found agl.exe is supposed to be Application Layer Gateway Service which is a Windows Service. The location just did not look right. Adaware says it is a Win32.Backdoor.Agent. This is what I have. SornSoft seem to make some very suspicious software. It loads on startup. CPAX20 (alg.exe) alg.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\alg.exe SornSoft CPAX2.exe Remote Name : www.sorn-soft.com Remote Address : 72.29.77.243 Question: Should I look further or can I just remove it and forget it? Thanks Joe :huh: P.S. I noticed RoorRepeal is used a lot. I downloaded it to see what it looked like. I tried to run it after turning off all my security. Auto-protect, Spybot, Firewall. Even spam filter. It freezes at initializing. Lots of hard drive activity and lots of memory and 100%CPU. I needed Task Manager to kill it.
Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI