This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Search hijacked

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have recently become a victim of a hijacked search. I am able to surf the net okay, but every time I try to search something I get redirected to other search sites or advertisements. I have downloaded hijackthis but don't know enough to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks.
Take a read through this and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI