You are using IE8. Did IE8 ever work properly or did the problems start after you installed it?
I'm not sure what's happening with your icons. I don't know enough about Glary to say if it could be a problem.
Let's see if we can get a better GMER log. Please run it in Safe Mode.
You may want to copy and paste this next set of instructions into a notepad as you will be in safemode without access to this thread.
Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode
by doing the following :
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
- Choose your usual account.
. The program will begin to run.
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!
If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
- Click NO
- In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
- Now click the Scan button.
Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
- Click OK.
- GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware
tab & make sure the 'Show All'
button is unticked
- Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop
Please post the log.