Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] Please help me out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#16 pfunk5

pfunk5

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:43 PM

there is no run as administrator option when I right click on run, there is just a regular "run" option which takes me to where I was before.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:43 AM

Hi pfunk5, When you where using the tools, was there the Run as Adminstrator option available? Thanks

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.

#18 pfunk5

pfunk5

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

Yes on some of the applications we were using the option to run as administrator was an option. I am the only user on the laptop so is it possible that is isnt giving me the option because I am always logged in as the administrator? Is this "cleanmgr" step necessary or just some fine-tuning to clean up what we have done? If it isnt imperative that it be done you don't have to sweat it. You can get back to helping out other people as their needs are probably more immediate and I dont want to tie up your time. :thumbup: Thanks!

#19 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• 14,770 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:54 PM

Hi pfunk5,

I don't use vista so I can't sya for certain ifbeing logged in as Adminstrator would cause this. I suggest you ask in the Windows Forum. I'm sure it's just a tweak you need.

We should clear out the old restore points as they may be infected. They won't hurt you unless you restore back to one of them

We can clear them another way.

In Control Panel > System, click System Protection (on the left of the window).
-Under automatic restore points, uncheck all the boxes in the list of disks available. This is to disable the System Restore.
-Vista will ask you to confirm this.
-Confirm by clicking the Disable System Restore. All restore points existing system will be removed.
-Click OK to close the window.
-Click System Protection, recheck all the boxes in the list of available disks and then click OK.
This will thus put the system restore to function.
-You can then create a restore point total of nine by clicking the Create button. The system will then create other at regular intervals.

If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

#20 pfunk5

pfunk5

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

Alrighty i did all of that.

#21 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• 14,770 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hi pfunk, Ok you should be good to go. You can check with the Techs in the windows forum if you wish. They should be able to tell you why you can't get an elevated Run command. Take care

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

#22 pfunk5

pfunk5

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

Sounds good. Thanks again!

#23 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• 14,770 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:46 AM

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015