Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] W32.Fasec

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 cheezyrider

cheezyrider

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:54 PM

I keep running Avast and it quarantines this W32.Fasec. My computer seems to run ok after that, until I re-boot the next time. It's latched onto one of my restore registry entries. Do I have to shut off my restore function for Windows, and then run Avast to get rid of it permanently? Avast says to do a re-boot scan, but that feature is not available for Windows 64 XP. Can W32.Fasec cause your PC to slow down and take up a lot of your ram capacity? If not, I am guessing I've got other issues. I've run memtest and got no errors from my ram. Could I still have an issue with my ram that isn't showing up in the memtest iterations? Also, I use FreeRam XP Pro. Could that software cause a slowdown? I just scanned my PC with HijackThis and attached to this post. Thanks in advance for your help!

Attached Files

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 cheezyrider

cheezyrider

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:20 PM

Whoops got a little ahead of myself. I am trying to follow the steps to prepare my computer as described in "Welcome to new Members". I am on Step 2, but the second window isn't popping up that says "attach.txt"

#3 cheezyrider

cheezyrider

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:22 PM

Also the DDS text says "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

#4 cheezyrider

cheezyrider

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

Also, can't run Root Repeal as I have a 64 bit OS. Windows 64 XP

#5 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Hi cheezyrider,

:welcome:

My name is Tomk. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

• I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
  • Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
  • If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
    Note:These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#6 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:02 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014