Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91987 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] Having problems with updating my Avira anti-virus and want to

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#16 thunder420

thunder420

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:59 PM

Hi Tom, I uninstalled Avira and then installed avast!, I then updated it and scanned this computer. After the scan ran I got a window that popped up which is called "Results of last scan", at the bottom left corner it reads: Listed lines: 902. What do I do, am I suppose to click the "Action" in the upper left corner and then click ? (Delete, move, chest,scan) I haven't used this anti-virus before and am kind of at a loss as to what to do next. Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 thunder420

thunder420

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

Tom, This is a continuation of my last post so please read it first and then this one. All (or at least most) of the lines in the "Results of last scan" window in the results column says "Unable to scan", I thought this might be important so wanted to include it. Thanks!

#18 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Classroom Admin
  • 20,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:59 AM

thunder420, Can you copy/past a snippet of what you are getting?

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------

mvplogo1_zpsea7gtc7e.gif

WTT-Grad1.jpg

Topics are closed after 5 days without response
unite_blue_zpsbfd3cd98.png

#19 thunder420

thunder420

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Tom, Here are 5 or 6 lines off of the Results of last scan window, the window doesn't expand out all of the way so some of the lines are cut off (especially in the reulys column): Name of file Result C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\...\sbRecovery.ini Unable to scan: Ar... C:\Documents and Settings\...\f3initialsetup1.0.015-3.inf Unable to scan: Ar... C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\...\c75bcf92-.txt Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\mpf\agentins.ui\agentins.ini Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\mpf\agentins.ui\agntcons.vbs Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\mpf\agentins.ui\agntinst.htm Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\mpf\...\bg_left_1x314.gif Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\mpf\agentins.ui\instwiz.css Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\msk\agentins.ui\agentins.ini Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\msk\shared\ ...\instxp.css Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\vs\agentins.ui\InstUtil..vbs Unable to scan: Ar... D:\i386\Apps\App30921\vs\vsoins.ui\VSOPropConst.vbs Unable to scan: Ar... Ok that's a few more then 5 or 6 lines but I tried to at least get a variety of what looked like the most common files (at least as far as the beginnings are concerned). Like I said before it says Listed Lines: 902. Thanks again.

#20 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Classroom Admin
  • 20,156 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:41 PM

thunder420, I have been unable to recreate your issue. Please try rebooting and then scanning again without starting any other programs.

Tomk

mvplogo1_zpsea7gtc7e.gif

WTT-Grad1.jpg

#21 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Classroom Admin
  • 20,156 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:38 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.

Tomk

mvplogo1_zpsea7gtc7e.gif

WTT-Grad1.jpg